cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snakedoc
Constellation

Re: Gear Fit 2 battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The device has been factory reset several times. It has been soft reset several times. It has been sent to Samsung technicians twice. All device charging tips have been adhered to. This issue started with the latest software update. Are there any plans to correct this issue with another software update?
userxqgdg82tJp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
SAMSUNG Techs! You are WASTING your customer's time with your suggestions to reset or send in watches...or turn off features.

CLEARLY the problem is with a Samsung update.

The solution for now is to turn off updating in the settings of the Gear App on your phone. .....THEN reset the Gear Fit so that it will return to its original, non-updated software.

Problem solved^_^)
userLyeI9GjsBr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issue as well. I fixed it by resetting the device and simply not updating it again. When updated it died super fast even in power save mode and connections off. Once i went back to the basic without uodate, it is back to going 2 days on a charge.

Snakedoc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userLyeI9GjsBr,  Can you please explain in detail how you reset to the previous software update?  Maybe this information will help me since it is obvious that Samsung will not correct the issue that they s c r e w e d up.  Thanks in advance.

userLyeI9GjsBr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I reset the device through setting, its not an update role back but the default programming. I basically when through the sets and clicked on adding new device,  it will wipe the device clean.

Snakedoc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you. I will try this later.
Sohum
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is the fix i have also applied.
Please do this guys.
Just reset your gear app and device and make its update off in setting .
Do not install any update it works fine.
userNLWSVBzAca
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Open your wear app, link app and Samsung health app and clear the caches of each. That solves the battery drain. You have to do it about once a week though
userg8MfJNItTa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you tell me how I clear the cache like you have mentioned?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userg8MfJNItTa We will be happy to assist you with clearing the cache of your devices.

Here is a helpful link with the troubleshooting steps: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003226/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.