cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chaso
Constellation

Re: Gear Fit 2 battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, I myself have updated to the latest software. And I am still wondering whether or not that was a smart move. I generally take the Fit 2 off as soon as I get home (at like 4 o'clock). I don't think this is a very good Samsung product whatsoever, I am no fitness fantic, and if I was, there are certainly cheaper, better options out there. I got this complimentary with my Galaxy S7, so now I am using it. I would not have paid $239 for something like this, this is just a novelty in my opinion.  I also think having this connected is draining my battery. I am at school for 6-7 hours a day and do not use my phone at all during those times. At the start of school its 90% Battery and then after 6-7 hours standby it is at like 50-60%.

This may be normal but I don't think so. Please let me know,

Chaso

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey folks, 

A lot of things can change the battery life on a Gear device. Often in fact, it changes based on how close it is to the smart phone it's paired to. The further away, it will flip from Bluetooth to Wifi which does tend to take more power. Honestly, the flipping back and forth seems to take the most power though  XD

@Chaso

If you were talking about your smart phone going down 30-40% in 6-7 hours, that's actually really good. Totally normal and (while I do have an older smart phone) I would love to get that much time on one charge. Then again, I do tend to play a lot of games. Probably the most telling would be the battery usage chart. Below that it will tell you what is using the most battery. If it's saying that your battery is lasting 8-12 hours when doing something that isn't too straining (like games) or 12+ when in idle, you're not doing bad.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userBKgOVAvMD7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, the Gear Fit 2 is simply not a good fitness band, as the battery is simply inadequate. With Location and WiFi off but while listening to music, the device dies in less than two hours of running, leaving the remaining workout without music, just when one needs it the most. That might work for casual runners, but for anyone who bought it for long distance running, it's useless. In fast, as one can't even use the map feature or get a fair estimate of distance because the GPS will kill the battery very quickly, the device barely has any function other than being a sci-fi prop for a Halloween costume.

I'm disappointed. When I bought this six months ago, I thought I'd found a great wearable solution, but now, I'm switching back to my old Ipod nano which while lacking accuracy, at least provided me with more than enough hours of music to complete long runs.

Conclusion: fine for a quick gym workout but little else.

usertyK5XA2Wwe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Gear software updated a couple of days ago. Now I have the following problems:

• 15% battery drain on the Fit2 PER HOUR (used to get 2-3 days use)
  • Bluetooth connection issues - will pair, but won't connect
    • Visible for pairing
    • After pairing, not visible for connection
userkOTwHVEAIG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem. After over a year with no serious problems, since the weekend my Gear Fit 2 suddenly started running down the battery in half a day. Before I only had to charge it every 2 or 3 days. And, my phone's battery (Galaxy s6 edge) has also started running down really quickly. Before this weekend I only needed to charge it once a day, but now it runs out of power by lunch time. I can't be constantly searching for places to charge it when I'm out and about and actually need it. This is super frustrating.

useruqRHV6WOd0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To get my Gear Fit2 to connect properly again after the update (not just "intermittent BT"), I did the following:

1)  Reset Gear Fit2

2)  Closed all apps on phone

3)  Went to Settings/Applications/Gear Fit Plugin 

4)  Turned OFF permissions for all options (calendar, contacts, etc.)

5)  Opened Gear app and began connection process from scratch

Without altering permissions, the initial connection process never completes and times out.  Perhaps you can try this without resetting your Gear Fit2? I'd already reset my Gear before I started messing around with permission settings.

userjXl0lP3Bop
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah like others have said Gear Fit 2 ran for 2-3 days perfectly fine until the last update.

Now it dies in a matter of hours.

A fix would be nice from Samsung as it's useless if it's gonna die this fast.

userpB1IJRhtI8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought my GF2 this week and have noticed a terrible battery life. I was only made aware of bug issues after typing the issue into google and finding this page. Please sort this out, Samsung........

userduj6nIvIHA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue....all of a sudden it will not hold a charge;  I use to go 2-3 days without charging.  What is the solution?

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are the software's on both of the devices up to date?