Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrSnoop
Cosmic Ray

Re: Gear Fit 2 battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userw9Ncga4VCO wrote:

Thank you Hmmmm! A sensible, intelligent answer and one that makes total sense. WiFi and location must get turned on with that last update. I have now turned them off and am sure that'll make a difference. I hope so anyway. 

Why add in features that are going to suck the life out of the device Samsung? Bit odd. 

Glad I read this.  Location was not on but WiFi did get turned on.  I was having to use Power Saving Mode just to get thru the weekend without charging.

user9qVLfKE2dk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I turned off the connect wifi, but how do i turn off location?

Discordkestrel
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to settings, connections, scroll down to the bottom, you should see the 'location' option, go into it and click on 'GPS' so there is no blue dot. Hope this helps! 

userd7hQuiaIgj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is marked as a solution.  It is not a solution!  It has been months since the update that ruined battery life!  Samsung, please fix the bug for a REAL solution!

userQhqPRl1YlG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Totally agreed that the issues posted in thread 63937 are not solved. Like to add my piece. What kind of fitness wear tech prone to switching battery saving mode after exercising for less than one hour at bare minimum setting (screen brightness - 2 even though you can hardly see anything on the screen and on bluetooth connection only). I did not even switch on gps knowing it will drain the battery even faster despite it is one of the kill arse function I bought this watch for.  Totally disappointed that its taking so long for a solution (its been more than 8 months) and Samsung is hanging some of your loyal customers like myself dry. We DO NOT ACCEPT the SO CALLED SOLUTION until we see improvement. 

Model number - SM-R360; Software version - R360XXU1DQE6; Serial number - R5AH703DM1Z; Connected to Samsung S7

userzrKO4OtzIV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What a load of bologny I also have the WiFi and location turned off and turn everything else off at night but still can't get 24 hours out of the watch! 

userNLWSVBzAca
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Open your wear app, link app and Samsung health app and clear the caches of each. That solves the battery drain. You have to do it about once a week though

userw9Ncga4VCO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is that seriously your professional response??? If that's true Samsung seriously needs to up its game. However I feel quite confident you have made that up expecting me to be some kind of techno moron who'd buy it. I don't!!!

usereOOyRArCrZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My battery is draining in about 4 hours, I'm not using it for anything except the steps and HR and clock.  How do I get it back to where it was going days on a charge before the update?

userTs8en7oaq5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just did the latest update and now have no battery life. Have turned Gps off, Dimmed screen all the way, WIFI off, Bluetooth off and notifier off. Still dying fast. Any help would be great. Loved my Gear Fit2 but now completely useless.