cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Gear Fit 2 battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello  usersLANJuXN5C

Bear in mind that I do not represent Samsung. I am just offering my suggestions for how my device was fixed. I'm sorry your issue has not been resolved. I'm now going on day #3 without a charge after making the changes noted earlier. Hope you find a rolution.

usertlTWIuCG2H
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi - thanks for the comment about letting the battery drain completely.  That's definitely fixed my battery drain problem!!  I did apply the different face as well, but prefer my original one (I use a fairly simple analogue one that just shows a clock face and the step count underneath) so reverted to that.  

However, i did let the battery drain right down.  I then charged it fully, and since then it's lasting me up to two days per charge.  Excellent - thank you Rusty!

usertlTWIuCG2H
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi - I forgot to say as well - I also switch off 'auto HR' and switch on 'power saving' when I get into bed.  I switch both back on when I wake up but I don't need to use either of them while I'm asleep!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usertlTWIuCG2H wrote:

Hi - thanks for the comment about letting the battery drain completely.  That's definitely fixed my battery drain problem!!  I did apply the different face as well, but prefer my original one (I use a fairly simple analogue one that just shows a clock face and the step count underneath) so reverted to that.  

However, i did let the battery drain right down.  I then charged it fully, and since then it's lasting me up to two days per charge.  Excellent - thank you Rusty!

Glad I could share my experience and it was helpful to others. I also thank you for sharing YOUR experience which means I'll change back to the color "StoldusW1us" or "InfoPanelAm" watch face.

userVtgzUUqXR3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm a few weeks late but my Gear Fit2 used to work for about 2, maybe 3 days if I was lucky, without a charge. Now I'm charging it every single day. My last full charge was 6pm yesterday. It's 744pm and I haven't done any extreme workouts, no wifi connected, no notifications, no alerts, no higher than 3 on the brightness regardless of sunlight, no extra apps, no vibrations, literally nothing but my step counter is on it and the bluetooth connected and it's at 9%. This is crap.

uservRjlMOsuXy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Mine has been dying every day. I can't even finish a day without charging it. 

userPXKDQGCHRX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have that problem as well for a couple of days now. I didn't update anything or changed settings or whatsoever, but the gear does not last a workday anymore at all. I charged it overnight and am using it now for less than 7 hours and it complains that the battery is almost empty. WiFi is disabled all the time anyways because I do not have a reason to use it, I disabled GPS as well.

I kind of have the feeling that the battery life has become worse sind the weather app was added, which I cannot uninstall as well to check this.

userSfAWjcMAti
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On July 14th, 2017 Rusty made the comment that if you let the battery completely die and then fully recharge it, it fixes the problem. I am going to try that tonight.  Good luck, because I agree, this ridiculous. Four hours at work now and already dead

usergyl7LxfPec
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userSfAWjcMAti
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It worked!!!     \0/