Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tamarus
Asteroid

Re: Gear Fit 2 battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFgdV4Anp24 wrote:

i just downgraded. thanks for the instructions

but i cant use spotify anymore. cant samsung just fix their crappy firmware?

i like how the moderator only says "glad you fixed it,.... blablabla"

how about you go and ask the engineers to correct the newest firmware?

Glad to help. 

There is a way around it. Make a list in Spotify, start playing on your phone, then you can use next and previous controls in the gear fit 2 music app

Sadly i couldn't test the weather app this weekend. Have to try it next one.

usereaxmyv72cq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
xda to the rescue as usual, I'm fairly certain these companies put out crap firmware without checking anything, wait a little bit, got to xda and get the fixed update and re-release
Tamarus
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly I couldn't test the weather app before the new R360XXU1DQJ3 came out but have to say, this new update brings back battery life.

usernQGmRI0Keh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thats bullsh!t

userX5NGgZpDED
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The battery life of my Gear Fit 2 is terrible. It charges in 30-45 mins but I'll call myself very lucky if I can get 4-5  hrs out of it before it closes down. I've updated to the latest software but could never get the advertised 2-3 days of battery life out of it which would have been quite acceptable. I also not added many apps to it. I have now turned off all connections wifi, gps...except bluetooth to my phone (Galaxy S8+) and message notifications (not very frequent). On first use itself the battery lasted under 2 hours. I have turned off 'location' in Settings, I have turned off wireless. I recharged the battery this evening to 100%, I have been sitting setting up faces through phone and in few mins the battery level went down to 89% already. After an hour it was left with just 39%. I need a solution please. This is making it unusable, I cannot be changing it on the go multiple times a day. Thank you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, if all troubleshooting has failed, what I would recommend is sending in that device in for a service repair through our Samsung mailing services.

user33wwnv5HRD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So Samung releases an update that drains the battery and then, more than a year later, advices customers sending in that device for a service repair?

The problem is the update, I have tested this several times. 

I have an advice for you, don't buy a Gear Fit 2, you'll regret it. 

usernNIPXJNLIq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my watch on "Power Saving" since I charged it to 100%. I took it off the charger half an hour ago after it being on the charger for FOUR HOURS and despite it being on Power Saving, my battery is at 27%. On power saving. In half an hour.

usernNIPXJNLIq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And now it's 100% dead right before I go to bed which is pretty useless since I bought it to track my sleep cycles. *slow clap* Never had this problem before until the latest update. Not happy.

userVVtaGCYp5r
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is unacceptable Samsung. My wife purchased a new watch for my birthday three months ago because I was complaining of the battery drain. Now my new watch is even worse. I got about 12 hours of battery life last night in power saving mode from 100% to 0%.