cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear Fit 2 pro battery drain (July 2018)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issue and found a solution. Hope it helps for everyone else...

1) Open the Gear Fit App (now called Galaxy Wearable).

2) Under "About Gear" click on the battery circle.

3) This will bring you to a page that breaks down the battery usage (takes awhile to load).

4) My battery usage was at 37% for "Steps". If this is the case for you, click on the steps icon. This should bring you to the version number and some options of uninstall or force stop.

5) Click on force stop.

My Gear Fit Pro 2 continued counting steps but the battery drain has stopped. Haven't had to charge it in a couple of days. Hope this works for others!!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks @userhOIgYSwp8I 

This has worked for me twice in 2019.

Thanks for the tip.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife's gear fit 2 pro overheats and won't work.  What are my options?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there!

I will gladly assist you with your concerns. If you don't mind sending a private message here with the model and the serial number of the watch?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine started doing this last week.  Sent it in under warranty and they replaced the battery pack.  Just got it back today, so I won't know if problem is truly fixed for a few days.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, it worked great for another 4 months, after which it wouldn't turn on nor would it charge again. Samsung claims it is no longer under warranty. After several calls/emails/sending in proof of purchase, they finally update warranty date, and I send it in again. Samsung claims it has water damage. Never mind it doesn't have a scratch on it, Samsung claims it is water resistant up to 50 meters and it has never been in more than a meter of water (Swimming pool). They want $140 to fix it. I paid $140 for it new. Told them to send it back un-repaired. Here's where it gets interesting. When I got it back, I tried to power it on just for giggles. It came right on. It initially wouldn't read pulse, but a force stop/power off/power on fixed that. I think what really happened is first repair didn't connect new battery properly and it came disconnected. Second time sent in, when the tech put it all back together, the battery was reconnected properly and now works. Why they tried to claim water damage and wanted to replace lcd screen and the battery again, I don't know.  I guessing it'll last another 4 months Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, it lasted two days.  Started randomly powering off, though that seemed to stop.  Then when on charger, would get "Cannot charge. Battery needs to warm up."  along with a ! inside a triangle.  I give up. Goodby Samsung.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well almost 2 years later, is this resolved? Any vigorous activity seems to drain the battery in less than an hour. I make sure it is fully charged just before but it does not last. Showing a 60% usage while I am just sitting here typing this message, I tried Force Stop which does not seem to work. Uninstall is not available and no matter how many times i try to Force Stop it doesn't stop!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. Turned off notifications, reduce screen brightness to lowest setting, have heart rate to always on because I want this as well and the watch can’t last 8-10 hours without draining all the way down. Just got this for Christmas and will be calling and if need be, returning this. Wondering if I made the right decision on not getting the Apple Watch. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife has the exact same issue. The her Gear Fit2 pro is about 3 months old, but this behavior persists since the first time we used it.

We tried different things to get more life out of it, like disable always on, and the GPS, and WiFi, and the battery lasts for max of 8 hours. This is without running any exercise !

We also tried different watch faces, assuming some would have lower power consumption. With no improvement. It is not usable in any level, as she cannot be plugged to a wall all day.

Any Samsung techs on this forum channel that want to help?

I am working toward either getting a fix that allows this watch to be used, or get my money back.

Very disappointing.