cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LittleJimme
Constellation

Gear Fit 2 pro battery drain (July 2018)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Gear fit 2 pro battery drains fast!

Bought gear fit 2 pro two days ago. Battery lasts about 8 hours. GPS is off. WIFI is off. Heartrate tracking is on always because I want this information, but it should at least be able to do 24 hours. Have factory reset gear & reinstalled app on phone, without help.

Reading a lot about people with the same issue, starting since the may 2018 update. Please reply if having the same problem! Hopefully Samsung wil acknowledge this and fix it.

Model number: SM-R365

Software version: R5AK603CSGL

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userhOIgYSwp8I
Constellation

Re: Gear Fit 2 pro battery drain (July 2018)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issue and found a solution. Hope it helps for everyone else...

1) Open the Gear Fit App (now called Galaxy Wearable).

2) Under "About Gear" click on the battery circle.

3) This will bring you to a page that breaks down the battery usage (takes awhile to load).

4) My battery usage was at 37% for "Steps". If this is the case for you, click on the steps icon. This should bring you to the version number and some options of uninstall or force stop.

5) Click on force stop.

My Gear Fit Pro 2 continued counting steps but the battery drain has stopped. Haven't had to charge it in a couple of days. Hope this works for others!!!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Joeysargent
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here!  My watch is about 10 months old.  I shipped in the first of August and they returned it quickly with a "new battery".  I wore it 2 days and opened another ticket.  No change, still the same drain.  I cannot get a full 20 hours out of it.  I have to charge it some days 2 times for an hour.  I am seeing 10% or more battery drain at times.  It seems like it works fine after a charge until I do an activity.  Once the activity is engaged it just drains quickly.  I don't sleep with it anymore because I can't.  I normally put it on at 5 AM and by lunch I am down to less than 30%... sometimes I have already hit 15%.  So, I charge it while I work.

We shall see what outcome this service trip brings.  I suspect another battery change and this will be ongoing until it goes out of warranty.  Samsung is a good company but they are lacking tremendously on thier support side if your product has a problem.

Pittmane
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem. I charge mine overnight and it doesn’t even make it to the end of the day. Not cool. 

Joeysargent
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is now Sept. 6th and I still do not have a watch.  Once I received it back from the replacement battery repair it continued to drain at the same rate.  I contacted support and they requsted that I send it back in.  It has now been with Samsung for 2 weeks in a request replacement watch status.  I have called 3 times in the past week or so.  Today I was told that the watch had been denied for replacement but that that was a mistake and my issue would be escalated.  I was told I should hear back in 24 to 48 on the update status. 

I want to know what Samsung is doing with these devices?  Do they just sit them on a shelf and wait for you to call back and escalate the issue multiple times?  Do they think we will forget they have our $200 device and just let it drop?  I am very confused by thier support model.  It is broke and not customer friendly when it comes to ensure we have the service from the devices we purchase.  I expect to get my money's worth from a device. 

I will post another update later...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Joeysargent We would be more than happy to look at your tickets and provide status updates for you, but in order to do so, we would need you to send us a private message with your Samsung ticket number. You can send a private message by using this link: http://bit.ly/2n71OsS

Joeysargent
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJeccaand @SamsungAdam,

I attempted to private message you but your messaging system said I had sent my allotment of private messages... I guess that is 2?

Here is what I was going to private message you...

Hello,

I still have not received approval for my case.  I spoke to support yesterday and got different answers to how long this was going to take.  One was 21 more days and another was 2 more days .  My device has been in your hands for almost a month this second time.  I have been without the use of the device since before July 25th.  I don't understand why you have my property and will not honor your warranty.  Replacement approval should not take days upon days.  I keep getting different excuses each time.  This device has been in the replacement "approval" phase since before August 22nd. 

I have filed a BBB complaint against your company.  At this point it appears you are not honoring your warranty and being too slow in providing satisfaction.  My devices is less than a year old and has been in your care for almost 2 months.

I need someone to help me! How can I escalate this matter in your company to someone who actually cares about customer service and not bureaucracy?

Thank you,

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Joeysargent We did receive some private messages from you, and we are still following up on your case. We would like to continue working with you through private messages so that we can request personal information if needed. Thank you again for your patience with this. 

Joeysargent
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will be happy to work with you in that way... if I can get get it to send without it telling me I have reached my limit. 

userPfABkje6ey
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

mine does the same thing it was ok when i 1st got it, got about 2 days out of it, now it doesn't last a day.

It must be a software fault as opposed to a battery issue isn't it?

userjHmERVcMAi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like they are giving you the same run around that they have been giving me for the past two months. They basically stole my device. And do not plan on returning it.