cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHRB4DQrjGz
Astronaut

Re: Gear Fit 2 pro water damaged

Spoke to some prosecutors over lunch about this thread last week. Samsung uses an opt-out arbitration process which is noted in their warranty of the product. This means that you have 30 days to tell Samsung that you won't sue them from time of purchase. This is sleezy and can and has been ruled against in court.

The other side is the limited warranty itself which if Samsung doesn't want to warranty against moisture which they don't, it is in writing and can not sue against them not repairing due to this. But if there is proof that the product cannot do what it is advertised to do then there would be a case. This means that there would have to be enough complaints, or testing to show that within a reasonable percentage of products that it will fail when doing the activities that the product was advertised of doing. Like swimming or just sweating. Sorry for any spelling/Grammer errors, writing this on the run.

Smith5646
Asteroid

Since you seem to have gotten further on the lawsuit than I did, what do you need from us?

Lkleinmann26
Asteroid

Ive read over 200 complaints of the same issue, which means what they advertise as swim ready, water resistant up to 50m is false advertising. I only wear it working out, so there is no reason why ot should glitch or turn off from water damage. I refuse to ever buy samsung again. Im buying a different brand, amazing reviews, polar A370. 

userSvIddjvHlV
Constellation

200 is nothing Samsung has sold millions of sport watches big companies plan for fail rate until 10s of thousands watches mess up Samsung ain't going to do about it I'm sorry to say!