JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear Fit 2 weather updating

(Topic created: 08-24-2016 02:36 PM)
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am using the "Digital" watch face on my Gear Fit 2 with the weather displayed at the bottom of the screen.  The weather does not update on its own.  I have to tap on the weather to open it up and then wait for it to update.  Should the weather on the watch face be automatically updating?

0 Likes
67 Replies
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm using the "Digital" watch face that comes preloaded in the Gear Fit2/Samsung Gear app.  It's the third available watch face...Fitness Summary 1, Fitness Summary 2, Digital, Analog, ....   see attachment

It is NOT a 3rd party watch face.

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Normally, on phones, if you open the Accuweather app there is a 'More' option to access settings. From there you can set it to refresh more or less often. Since this is a gear we're talking about though you have to have the Accuweather app active on your phone too. This is because basically all your updates to your Gear Fit2 come through the phone first. Can you both try doing that, or let me know if you already do! Make sure your app on the phone is set to refresh pretty often and then let's see if that helps the refresh rate on your Fit2. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I do not have a Samsung phone so I do not have the Accuweather weather widget that would come on one of them.  Initially, I did not have Accuweather installed on my phone at all and the Gear Fit 2 would behave the same as it does now - having to manually refresh the weather, which can be slow.  I did install the Accuweather android app, put an Accuweather widget on one of my screens, and also enabled on-going notifications thru the app with a 30-minute update frequency.  None of this seemed to change anything.

0 Likes
Juanisimo
Red Giant
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi, everyone. The setting to change your device from Fahrenheit to Celsius is located in setting under profile. The digital watch face may be related to a device not made for the US market and we would recommend posting a photo of this watch face or reaching out to the regional support for further assistance with this. For non-Samsung devices, we would recommend reaching out to the Developers with information about your device for any compatibility problems you may be experiencing. You may reach out to them through the information provided under Developer here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager&hl=en

0 Likes
mmartins
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Sorry Juan, but the settings-profile unit option has no effect to the AccuWeather app. I had already tried it. The app still shows only Fahrenheight for me.

0 Likes
Juanisimo
Red Giant
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hey, mmartins. We have limited support when it comes to third party applications. Samsung does not guarantee compatibility with third party applications and would recommend reaching out to the developer for any assistance with your inquiry. 

0 Likes
jalapwi
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am having th same issue  and the Digital watch face is decidedly NOT 3rd party.  It is a native watch face.  Also there is no other way to reach the Accuweather information other than through the watchface.  Ist there any way that I am not seeing? 

0 Likes
Juanisimo
Red Giant
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

We recommend reaching out to accuweather for support and assistance with in-app operations. Samsung does not guarantee compatibility with third party apps and has limited support when it comes to these apps as well. It is recommended reaching out to the developer of this application for additional support regarding questions about the temperature selection of this app. 

0 Likes
gearfituser
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Isn't the watch face delivered with the Gear Fit 2? It looks as if it was from Samsung. As such, it is most likely a problem on Samsung's side not making the right web call. The API from AccuWeather actually supports unit types [1], so it shouldn't be difficult to fix this.

[1] http://apidev.accuweather.com/developers/unitTypes

0 Likes
SeraphSephiroth
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Have you tried swiping up from the bottom of the watch and seeing if you can change the settings that way?

Edit: Just tried and it does not work. Bu changing the setting in profile worked for me and I can set Celcius. As for update time I can set mine to update every hour

0 Likes