JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear Fit 2 weather updating

(Topic created: 12-12-2016 06:38 PM)
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am using the "Digital" watch face on my Gear Fit 2 with the weather displayed at the bottom of the screen.  The weather does not update on its own.  I have to tap on the weather to open it up and then wait for it to update.  Should the weather on the watch face be automatically updating?

0 Likes
67 Replies
areynoldsnz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Dear Samsung, please help me. I just really want to set the weather app to Celsius. Surely you guys can help me with this little request?

0 Likes
Solution
areynoldsnz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Jeepers! Finally figured it out. Very disappointed that Samsung can't tell us how to configure their own device and all the repeated nonsense about third party apps and vendors and watch faces! It's a built in app, a built in watch face and Samsung support should know this and be able to help its users configure the thing!

Anyway, rant over. Here is how you configure the weather app (I don't remember seeing this the last 4 or 5 times I tried to find how to set this, so maybe it was released in an update to the Gear app):

On your phone, launch Samsung Gear, then:

Watch Faces > Digital > Stylise > Complication > Weather.

Now you will see a "Settings" button next to the picture of the watch face, select this and configure your weather options!!

Options include "Unit", "Auto refresh" and "Use current location"

Phew.

john8
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@areynoldsnz wrote:

Jeepers! Finally figured it out. Very disappointed that Samsung can't tell us how to configure their own device and all the repeated nonsense about third party apps and vendors and watch faces! It's a built in app, a built in watch face and Samsung support should know this and be able to help its users configure the thing!

Anyway, rant over. Here is how you configure the weather app (I don't remember seeing this the last 4 or 5 times I tried to find how to set this, so maybe it was released in an update to the Gear app):

On your phone, launch Samsung Gear, then:

Watch Faces > Digital > Stylise > Complication > Weather.

Now you will see a "Settings" button next to the picture of the watch face, select this and configure your weather options!!

Options include "Unit", "Auto refresh" and "Use current location"

Phew.

This should be the accepted solution.  Amazing how wereables tech support here don't know their products!

MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I think you may be right about this being added with the last Samsung Gear app update. My app was just recently updated. There was no mention of this in the change log but this is the second time I've reached out to customer service, they've seemed unable to help and then the issue is resolved without being communicated back.

The other issue I reached out to Samsung about was exporting location data for activities other than cycling thru S Health. I was told that there were no plans to make that option available. Then it showed up in S Health with no mention of it in the change log.
0 Likes
rpalagy
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

FYI,

I have latest OS, running Gear Fit 2 and Galaxy S7 and even though Gear App says update every hour and location is on both on phone and app, it still takes a manual click on watch face to force update.

0 Likes
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yeah, I'm no longer getting hourly updates after the Gear Fit 2 update and Samsung Gear app update.  I also see that if you switch to deg C in the app, it will change the temperatures if you pull up the forecast but the display on the GF2 still shows deg F.

I updated this to not be solved, even though areynoldsnz had figured it out and it was working.  Hopefully, this gets Samsung's attention and I can go back and select areynoldsnz's reply as the solution again.

0 Likes
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Current and high/low temperatures do not update for me at all unless i reboot my GF2.

0 Likes
deedeeb888
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

THANK YOU areynoldsnz!!!!! I have been searching everywhere for a solution to this!

Samsung support....Up your game mate!

0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

There was in fact a recent update, but I as well was not able to find any specific notes on exactly what was added/changed. Good looking out @areynoldsnz though! I hope this was able to help some of you in here. For those it did work for, mind calling it out in an update here? Already got you covered on that front @deedeeb888 as this seems to have helped you. I may be new, but I'll be ever vigilant in stepping up my game as I continue to assist folks!

Just as a follow up as well, @MrSnoop, still experiencing the problem you mentioned in your previous posts?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

0 Likes
rpalagy
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The problem is that it STILL doesn't auto-update even after you make the selection in the app.

0 Likes