JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear Fit 2 weather updating

(Topic created: 12-12-2016 08:14 PM)
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am using the "Digital" watch face on my Gear Fit 2 with the weather displayed at the bottom of the screen.  The weather does not update on its own.  I have to tap on the weather to open it up and then wait for it to update.  Should the weather on the watch face be automatically updating?

0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm going to assume this is even with the auto-refresh timer set to the lowest amount of time @rpalagy? I'll see what I can track down specifically on this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

0 Likes
rpalagy
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

correct...even when set to lowest time interval.

0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Just thought I'd double check. Helps me to add these things to my notes when I start asking around. I appreciate it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

0 Likes
rpalagy
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Really appreciate you looking into it. FYI using Galaxy S7 and standard Gear Fit 2.

0 Likes
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yes, and it is worse than it was previously.  Before, the current/high/low temperature would not automatically update but would manually refresh if you tapped on the weather.

Now, the auto refresh has stopped working and the current/high/low temperature won't update even with a manual refresh. If I reboot or change the complication to something other than weather and then back, the current/high/low temperature will update.

0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Just as a heads up for you fine folks here. The Gear Fit2 I now have around my wrist does not come stock with that facing with the weather. I am however using a weather facing that I found that seems to update the same way. I'll be wearing this around all day today to see what I notice. I want to thank you again for everyone's patience.

0 Likes
theRealJennifer
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Any fix yet on the weather updating on the STOCK watch face???  Looks like last post from Samsung was 2 weeks ago, unless I'm reading it wrong.  Ever since the latest update mine is not updating, I have to click it and update the weather there and pick a temperature closest to the current time.  Even after updating it there it still does not update on the face!!!  YES, THE STOCK SAMSUNG WATCH FACE THAT CAME PRELOADED ON THE GEAR FIT 2.  Unbelievable how every time Samsung updates something they break something else!  I hate Apple, but I don't hear about them having these issues from friends with iPhones.  I've only had my Gear Fit 2 since the fall, but I see people were having this problem prior to then as well, though it only just started for me since the last update.  Using it now with my S7 Edge since Samsung also dropped the ball with the glorious Note 7 which I reluctantly turned in and traded for this POS (and to those people who insist on saying the S7 Edge is just like the Note 7 but a little smaller and no pen...you obviously have used neither phone!).

0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I apologize for the lack of response on my end, I dropped the ball on that one. I did however wear that Gear Fit 2 around for a few days, but as I explained in my previous post, the version I have did not come stock with that same Watch Face.

I had to use a third party watch face that was similar, but the weather itself did update with the interval settings I had setup for it specifically. It's not going to be much help since it's not the same face you folks are using, but I wanted to at least see if it perhaps had something to do with the screen timeout and interval settings.

0 Likes
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

It does not have the "Digital" watch face as shown in the picture attached to the ~8th reply?

0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Nope. I know it exists, but I don't think it's standard on all models. I do have a "Digital" watch face, but it's everything you see on there, minus the weather app. You'd think it would be exactly the same...I don't know the benefit of having a watch face with one less feature for specific regions/models.

0 Likes