JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear Fit 2 weather updating

(Topic created: 02-15-2017 05:42 AM)
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am using the "Digital" watch face on my Gear Fit 2 with the weather displayed at the bottom of the screen.  The weather does not update on its own.  I have to tap on the weather to open it up and then wait for it to update.  Should the weather on the watch face be automatically updating?

0 Likes
67 Replies
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
So are we out of luck as far as help or can you pass this on to someone that can help? Between the weather complication in the gear fit 2 and the weather options that were just put into the phone app, someone at Samsung has to know what we're talking about here....
0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'll never just tell anyone you're completely out of luck! I of course will continue to dig up as much information on this as I can, and I'll pass it along to hopefully get the attention from those folks who might have even more information than me.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

0 Likes
userpEjP3OsePq
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am also experiencing this issue,  it's so annoying.  My first impression hasn't been a good one (only just bought this watch).  

Like other users on here have said, there are issues with the weather widget on the 'Digital' watch face that comes pre loaded on the gear fit 2 (haven't tried it with any other watch face,  but I'm assuming it's also the same issue).  I use it with an s7, have location enabled and have it set to refresh every hour. While it does refresh every hour, the actual weather widget on the gears watch face does not update,  even if I click on the widget to bring up the weather app screen and go back to the watch face. The only way I can actually get the gear fit 2 to change to the correct temperature and high/low (as displayed on my s7) is if I turn my gear off and on. How ridiculous. 

Samsung,  please fix this problem! 

I'm not the first to request this,  but consider allowing users to add 'weather'  as an app,  not just a watch face! I would have thought this was a no brainer! 

0 Likes
useraRaneSqPvG
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

ANY solutions or updates for this lack of temperature  auto updating.

0 Likes
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I sent an email with screenshots to the developer email listed for the gear fit 2 plugin in the google play store.  Maybe that will actually get somewhere.

0 Likes
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

It seems to be resolved in the latest gear fit 2 software update.

0 Likes
userBCWXwOqYqY
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

How do we get the update?

I recieved this comment as an email a short time ago, and another email that contained the following:

============================================

On your phone, launch Samsung Gear, then:

Watch Faces > Digital > Stylise > Complication > Weather.

Now you will see a "Settings" button next to the picture of the watch face, select this and configure your weather options!!

Options include "Unit", "Auto refresh" and "Use current location"

============================================
I had this set up exactly like this before I appended my complaint to this thread; my watch didn't change the temperature for over a full week.  Hope the news of the update is accurate. 

0 Likes
userie3YpiZcSp
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've tried that as well as other suggestions and nothing works. Can't understand why they put out this crap when it's not proven. Weather would be a very handy app to havr if they could figure it out. Maybe I should turn it over to my 11 year old grandson to fix it.

0 Likes
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Open the Samsung Gear app on your phone.  On the Settings tab, select About Gear.  Then select Update Gear software.  Then select Update Now.  That should start the software update for your Gear Fit 2.

0 Likes
userBCWXwOqYqY
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Just as described. Update was flawless.... Thanks!
Now let's see how the weather behaves....
0 Likes