JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear Fit 2 weather updating

(Topic created: 03-10-2017 05:51 AM)
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am using the "Digital" watch face on my Gear Fit 2 with the weather displayed at the bottom of the screen.  The weather does not update on its own.  I have to tap on the weather to open it up and then wait for it to update.  Should the weather on the watch face be automatically updating?

0 Likes
67 Replies
useraRaneSqPvG
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Which watchface utilizes the current temperature. 

0 Likes
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Either the 'Digital' or 'Analog' watch faces can display the current/hi/low temp if you select stylize and select weather as the complication.

0 Likes
userie3YpiZcSp
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm using the fitness and battery pro. It gives the forecast as well as current temps but, it doesn't work either. It attempt to update but doesn't. 

0 Likes
user0AirlpFbUv
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you for your answer, but I just started using my fit2 pro and the only app I could find for my phone was the Wear app.  It doesn't seem to do much for me and when I tried using your solution to change the Celsius to Fahrenheit I clicked on Watch faces and the only option is stylize, then it just gives the watch face options.  When I click on the word stylize I get the option of color and that's it.  I feel like taking a hammer to this thing it's so frustrating!  The app on the phone seems pretty worthless if you ask me.

Thanks for any thoughts on this, I'm at my witts end between this problem and the darn thing not counting the 20 times I went up and down the stairs yesterday.  I would take it back but my husband bought it just before we went on vacation and then forgot to take it with, so now it's too late to return it!

0 Likes
userkL8NLrkHoI
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
  1. Launch "Galaxy Wearable" app
  2. Top of screen has 2 tabs: Info and Settings
  3. Select  Settings 
  4. Toggle down to Apps - reorder uninstall  
  5. Select  Apps 
  6. Toggle down to Weather
  7. Select orange gear icon to the right of  Weather  -  on my phone, it was the only app with this icon 
  8. Select  Units and chose F or C
  9.  Select and modify  Auto Refresh  if necessary
  10. Close  Galaxy Wearable  app 
  11. Enjoy
0 Likes
userBCWXwOqYqY
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

You really have no clue do you.  It is NOT a 3rd party app. It comes on the Gear Fit 2 BY DEFAULT.

0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

We've established that awhile back. However the Gear Fit 2 Model I was using does not have that default facing that displays the weather. That makes it really hard to even double check it on my end without even seeing what it could be. While it may be native to the device, it's still in partnered with AccuWeather I thought?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

That's a great start for sure! Having a visual aid always helps developers when looking into things. Feel free to put those up here as well, just in case this thread gets referenced in the future and our devs can see it as well.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

0 Likes
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear Fit 2 was purchased at Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania.  You are regional support.  A picture of the watch face is attached.

And although I prefer seeing temperature in deg F, did not seen any change by the temperature to Celcius under profile settings.

0 Likes
userie3YpiZcSp
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same issue. Why do they put the app on if it useless??

0 Likes