JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear Fit 2 weather updating

(Topic created: 04-14-2017 06:12 AM)
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am using the "Digital" watch face on my Gear Fit 2 with the weather displayed at the bottom of the screen.  The weather does not update on its own.  I have to tap on the weather to open it up and then wait for it to update.  Should the weather on the watch face be automatically updating?

0 Likes
67 Replies
mmartins
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Also, is ther a way to set the AccuWeather app to show temperature in Celsius?

0 Likes
prstrindade
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

You need install the new Samsung Weather in Gear Fit. Go in Samsung Galaxy App for Gear, in Gear App located in cellphone, go in setup, App layout and locate the Weather App, click on a gear just in right side and setup popup will open. You will can select more options about The Weather App in Gear Fit 2.

MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks.  I had it working on my watchface but that allows you to swipe right to access the weather if you were using a watchface that did not support the weather complication.  It also updated the weather screen with a slightly different layout including sunset, chance of rain, uv index.  If you go into Apps Layout in the Gear Fit 2 app, there's a gear icon to set the temperature units, refresh rate, etc.

userXD2spWDufL
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

That fixed mine. Thank you!

Cocowheats
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine does this as well...it really pisses me off. Why even display the weather if it isn't current? Grrr...

0 Likes
Juanisimo
Red Giant
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi, everyone. We are so glad to have you here and are happy to see your active participation. We do recommend that you include a little more information regarding your question. This might include the model number of your watch, the device you have your phone connected to, and the current software version of your Gear Fit 2. Please also include information on the watchface you are using to view the weather on. For setting the temperature settings, you may go into your gear manager and select the accuweather app for additional options that may be available. 

0 Likes
Cocowheats
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@Juanisimo

Come on, really? His question seemed pretty clear...but your answer shows you do not know the product you are trying to assist with.

What he is asking is whether the weather displayed on watch faces should automatically update the tempature or if we are suppose to update the tempature by opening the hidden accuweather app. In my experience, the CURRENT tempature can only be displayed by opening the hidden accuweather app via a watch face and letting it update. What I'm saying is , the tempature displayed on watch face(regardless of what face) is NOT the current temp, it is the temp at the time of the last update...Updates ONLY happen by opening the accuweather app. This is so stupid; it should be updating the weather on a regular basis on its own!

Now comes your comments on using the gear manager to access accuweather's additional options....simply not possible on a GearFit 2 with the latest software. You obviously don't know the products you are troubleshooting. Grrr...

0 Likes
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Model number SM-R360

Software version R360XXU1BP3

Phone LG Nexus 5X

"Digital" watch face

0 Likes
Juanisimo
Red Giant
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you for providing us that information. We do ask that you provide us with more information on this watch face. We do believe it to be a third party watch face and would recommend reaching out to the developer of this watch face for more information regarding your inquiry. Samsung does not guarantee compatibility with third party applications. You may find their information in the play store or galaxy apps store under developer information. 

0 Likes