JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear Fit 2 weather updating

(Topic created: 07-26-2016 09:31 AM)
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am using the "Digital" watch face on my Gear Fit 2 with the weather displayed at the bottom of the screen.  The weather does not update on its own.  I have to tap on the weather to open it up and then wait for it to update.  Should the weather on the watch face be automatically updating?

0 Likes
JUMP TO SOLUTION
67 Replies
useraRaneSqPvG
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Wow very slow with a solution. 

0 Likes
userie3YpiZcSp
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I tried the same watch face as you and it didn't work at all. I've contacted samsung and they tried to help me and couldn't. They were to send the problem to a higher level and that's the last I heard from them. 2 weeks ago. Now that's what I call product support. I took it to a Samsung desk at best buy and the rep didn't even there was a weather app for that wearable. Maybe should buy apple.

0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm telling you, it's weird, but certain region versions of that device have the default facing that displays weather on it. The one we have here, which is fully updated now, still doesn't have a default watch face that displays weather. I had to purchase a $2 watch face to at least try and toggle the settings of weather....which was limited.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

0 Likes
userie3YpiZcSp
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Not all faces have weather. On your phone go to gear fit 2 program and open it up. Then open settings then watch faces. Now you look for the ones that say stylized and open them up. Not all have weather. Some color etc. The ones that have weather select weather and then save. But don't worry, it's not a reliable program and does not keep up to date information. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
user9sPXDC56vb
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

How do I change the time I get the auto forecast in the morning?

0 Likes
userqNFKucQmeC
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Doesn't work, I'm using AccuWeather on mobile. Samsung no support, don't buy it if you want weather information. I'm returning mine, not fit for the purpose!!

0 Likes
userlKjjf9z24U
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This problem is still not fixed and it is 2020.  Brand new Active 2 connected to a Galaxy S7.  All software up to date. This issue has nothing to do with any watch face.  The watch weather app does not update when connected to my phone through bluetooth.  I go to the weather app click, scroll down to the bottom where it shows the last updated time.  I click the refresh button and it spins and spins then times out and the data and time does not change.  I turn off my phone's bluetooth, let my watch connect to WIFI and again click the refesh button and the data and time updates.  

0 Likes
JCMaedl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I see this post is old so I'm not sure its being monitored anymore, but the fix is to have ongoing notifications turned on in the Weather app on the phone.  You will have to see the weather permanently in your notifications drawer, but the rest of the notifications can be silent.  I put the procedure here:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Weather-refuses-to-update-on-Watch/m-p/1452665/high...

0 Likes