cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Gear Fit2 Pro Overheat

Gear Fit2 Pro shuts itself off. I have reset the watch and it still does this. The watch had 80% battery left and suddenly started shutting down after only being turned on for about a minute. When turning the watch on the screen glitches and flashes solid white and shows no battery left. When I try to charge the watch, I get an error notice that the battery will not charge because it's too hot. Then the screen changes to a flashing triangle with a red thermometer. I left the watch off overnight to allow it to cool. When I attempted to  charge it or turn it on the next morning, I immediately had the same issues.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear Fit2 Pro Overheat

Thank you for reaching out.  I would recommend a service repair. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hi @user8BY8mgc6mS 

It sounds like the battery is bad. You can try factory resetting the device to see if it was software related, but it's likely a hardware issue and the device might need to be repaired if possible or replaced.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same issue.  Yesterday it kept turning off by itself, I'd turn it on, and within a minute it would turn itself back off.  Tried charging yesterday and today and it says the battery needs to cool.  What do I need to do?