Original topic:

Gear Fit2 Pro Overheat

(Topic created: 07-03-2020 04:26 AM)
user8BY8mgc6mS
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Gear Fit2 Pro shuts itself off. I have reset the watch and it still does this. The watch had 80% battery left and suddenly started shutting down after only being turned on for about a minute. When turning the watch on the screen glitches and flashes solid white and shows no battery left. When I try to charge the watch, I get an error notice that the battery will not charge because it's too hot. Then the screen changes to a flashing triangle with a red thermometer. I left the watch off overnight to allow it to cool. When I attempted to  charge it or turn it on the next morning, I immediately had the same issues.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you for reaching out.  I would recommend a service repair. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you for reaching out.  I would recommend a service repair. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi @user8BY8mgc6mS 

It sounds like the battery is bad. You can try factory resetting the device to see if it was software related, but it's likely a hardware issue and the device might need to be repaired if possible or replaced.

0 Likes
user8FN4c7Vl9O
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Did a reset, a factory reset( with the few seconds before if shutsdown) but still no luck. Why is there a battery issue just over 1 year of use? Very, very disappointed with Samsung!! 

0 Likes
userkGRDX49CVe
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm having the same issue.  Yesterday it kept turning off by itself, I'd turn it on, and within a minute it would turn itself back off.  Tried charging yesterday and today and it says the battery needs to cool.  What do I need to do?

0 Likes