cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Gear Frontier S3 Sensors Not Working

I've replaced this device 3 times now with Best Buy and the sensors still dow not work. How do I down grade from the horrible upgrade that messed this up or get a valid replacement? 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear Frontier S3 Sensors Not Working

Just to clarify are the sensors not functioning or are they not counting steps etc?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am also having this issue. It started Wednesday January 8th. It will not count steps, monitor my sleep,monitor heart rate, or turn on when I lift my hand.  I am pretty sure this started after the last update.

Highlighted
Constellation

The sensors are not working. It counts steps but not floors or anything like heart rate and such.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I too am having the same problem. My S3 Frontier updated then the sensors (motion, heartrate, altimeter etc) stopped working randomly. I reset it a few times and one of the times it worked for a day then stopped again.

I see on this site that this is a widely known problem with the watch. What kind of assistance can we get?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I too have the same issue. A HUGE percentage of us have had this same issue. I'm trying to see if Samsung will make this right and replace/repair our defective devices. This really is a shame.

Highlighted
Constellation

Add me to the group of disgruntled customers. 

My perfectly functional watch updated the other day, and now it fails to function.

ALL sensors are failed. I ran the sensor hub check and it says, in big red letters 'FAIL'.

I baby this watch, and the only changed variable is the updated firmware.

What are my next steps?

Highlighted
Constellation

https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/gear-s3/rom-tizen-4-odin-files-sm-r765t-sm-t3892404

This helped, force a firmware update and it fixes it unless you shut down then have to do it again, the only thing I have found that works right now.

Gear S3 Frontier