cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason Aaron
Asteroid

Re: Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

I tried to send them to Samsung for repair.  I got a strange letter from Samsung saying the product was discontinued and a replacement was not available. So they sent me a gift card instead. I really liked the IconX so I was disappointed, but since there doesn't seem to be a fix, I just got the Jabra 65t instead. Hopefully they fix this for the next gen IconX. 

userTEKkcReocd
Constellation

The swhoosing sound is from a disconnect, the headphones think they have come apart or out of your ear. if you try one of the different size rubber earbud attachments that they gave you with your earpods there is  about six different sets to make a better. This will will solve the problem, unless Samsung removes it from a firmware update there is no other way. the issue is from not fitting correctly in your ear and the earbuds think they fell out. You can also try having your ear made smaller  

userTEKkcReocd
Constellation

The swhoosing sound is from a disconnect, the headphones think they have come apart or out of your ear. if you try one of the different size rubber earbud attachments that they gave you with your earpods there is  about six different sets to make a better. This will will solve the problem, unless Samsung removes it from a firmware update there is no other way. the issue is from not fitting correctly in your ear and the earbuds think they fell out. You can also try having your ear made smaller  

userUbRLb4PCOm
Asteroid

@userTEKkcReocd wrote:

Thanks for your input but that is not what everyone is complaining about. The issue for me is not that my ear is small or I'm too stupid to find the right ear tips. The issue for me is that after a few weeks or months, the disconnect starts. I noticed a problem after my first pair updated to a particular firmware version. The problem just started on my replacement pair. I'm waiting for a new replacement pair now.

Honestly, I'd just stay away from these headphones. They should good and have good features, but they're clearly not ready for primetime .

user73iXUu0e47
Constellation

Hi everyone new here and I found this thread course of course I'm facing the same issue. Have them near one week and the problem ocure before 3 days mostly on the right ear that i used most. I realized is is the proximity sensor and I thought I have to change the wingtips and the covers til i find the best fit but nothing helps. I'm really disappointed because they are too expensive to behave like that.  The filmware is R140XXUARI1 and I use them with galaxy S8. To sad to hear no fix till now. Samsung big fail....

user4iPOQZRTAE
Constellation

Hi everyone - I'm new here, just read all the pages and it seems we all have the same problem. The low ring/dong sound, also I've noticed that all of us having the issue mostly on the right earpiece. Every solution suggested hasn't worked anything out. Mine also started within a few weeks of owning these.

Samsung, what do we do?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user4iPOQZRTAE, Thank you for reaching out to us, Do you mind sending us a private message here so we can look into this further: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Please include the following information:

First and Last Name:
Property Address:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Alternate phone Number:
(15) Digit IMEI Number
Model Number

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usercq17SATv4m
Constellation

Add me to the list. Got these from my boss for Christmas and I've used them every day for phone work as well as walking/running. From the beginning, I had problems with the tone in both earbuds and disconnecting. I figured I would be able to turn that "function" off or resolve, but this thread is certainly a disappointment with so many issues and no resolution. They are fine if you sit absolutely still (so convenient!), but SO ANNOYING if you feel the need to move while wearing them. If I turn my head they disconnect and the "tone" sound happens all the time and my music will disconnect - have to keep hitting the play button over and over again. 

user9uoxRMJ7Wo
Constellation

Re: Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear - I just reset the devices and the problem persists.

@SamsungTrevor wrote:

Hey, has everyone attempted to reset their Iconx?

I just reset my ear buds and the problem is still there. 

userXEs0VIvkXF
Constellation

I am having the same problem when I am out for long walk.  Get contant beeping and it interrupts what I am listening to and I have to hit play over and over again everytime the beeping happens.  After I hit play, some time goes by and it beeps again and it stops what I was listening to again I have to hit play again.  This happens continuously during long walks.  At first I thought the beeping was a notification sound for something, but when I check the phone (Galaxy S7 Edge) there are no new notifications to account for the beeping.