cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCIK01yyBOU
Constellation

Re: Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

I'm also having similar issues whenever I go out for walks. Within 3 minutes I'm hearing that ringing/beeping sound. It's constant and annoying. It stops whatever music or videos I'm playing. The left ear bud motion sensors stop working but the sound works. I try disconnecting the ear buds then try to reconnect after a few minutes. I still have the same dam  problem. I just bought these ear buds brand new from Amazon. Not even a week into  owning them I regret buying them. I'm going to give these dam things a few more days, then I will return them.

Jason Aaron
Asteroid

I've been having the same problem since I got these in January. I just realized in the last few weeks it's a disconnect/re-connect "chime." The problem is, it happens continuously. It's so annoying, I barely use my $200 headphones; which is also annoying. I've tried all combinations of ear gels and fins. Nothing solved this problem, but some of the gels and fins are uncomfortable it painful, so even if those solved the problem if the disconnecting, it wouldn't be a solution.

EDIT: I realized that there is no way to disable the proximity sensor because that is how it knows it's in your ear or not.  With mine, this only happens with my right ear, so I am starting to think mine are defective and that it has nothing to do with how the proximity sensor is designed to work.

eallan
Constellation

I'm almost sure this happens in sunlight. The in ear sensors use IR and bright sunlight hitting the earpieces just right make it think it's going in/out of the ear again. 

userwTgaN61Ldn
Constellation

Mine still do it in a helmet. No sunlight at all. 

useryO0ZQMPEmy
Asteroid

Sent mine in for repair. could not stand the constant beeping and the left bud became quieter then the right bud. 

So, got a new pair from samsung and the build quality seems more better then my previous ones, that I bought when they launched. And no beeping noticed yet!

I suggest, go send the buds in for warranty repair, get a new pair and profit. 

Samsung could have probably fixed the beeping problem with a software update, but lets go the more expensive way (for samsung) by getting a new pair then.

userLf27uGvNP5
Constellation

Same problem. Wish samsung would provide a disable option for proximity sensor. Anytime I don't use them they are in the charging box. This sensor is the single most anoying thing. Except this, I love them.

userUbRLb4PCOm
Asteroid

@useryO0ZQMPEmy wrote:

Sent mine in for repair. could not stand the constant beeping and the left bud became quieter then the right bud. 

So, got a new pair from samsung and the build quality seems more better then my previous ones, that I bought when they launched. And no beeping noticed yet!

I suggest, go send the buds in for warranty repair, get a new pair and profit. 

Samsung could have probably fixed the beeping problem with a software update, but lets go the more expensive way (for samsung) by getting a new pair then.

Yeah I gave up myself too and sent them in for repair about a week ago. The final straw was when the volume in the right bud suddenly dropped to half the volume of the left bud. I reset the buds and that fixed the volume issue for a few hours but then it happened again. I just got a shipping notice for the replacements so my fingers are crossed and hopefully I won't have any more problems. 

userLlkLmiwn3J
Constellation

The same thing has been happening to me too. However I dont even have to be moving around for it to happen.

I could be laying on my bed watching some videos on youtube and then the beeping episodes would occur continuously pausing my video that I am watching as a result. Super annoying. Happens only with the left bud.

The proximity sensor is clean and it is in as tight and snug as it can be, but it just keeps happening.

I've tried many different combinations of wingtips and bud sizes to see if it would fix the issue, but still no luck.

For $200, you'd expect these to work perfectly out of the box.

Hopefully this is just a software issue that will be fixed in the near future.

userqhsW40hoLC
Constellation

I am also here because I am experiencing the issue. Not sure what I think will happen since the reps offer no help.

Anyone else have any new troubleshooting ideas?

user4zioCRMS92
Constellation

Same issue is happening to me. This is the second time using these earbuds..