cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJqSYT8fYCm
Constellation

Re: Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

Resolved?  How would you feel if you told your phone manufacturer you had to put a piece of tape on a certain part of the phone before you made a call every time, otherwise the call would drop, and they considered your issue "resolved"?

userUbRLb4PCOm
Asteroid

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Great! I'm glad that resolved the issue. As for future updates, I apologize but we are not able to speculate about release dates. 

Just an FYI... you're useless. You really feel like our issues are resolved by putting tape and paper on the proximity sensor of my earbuds?

useryO0ZQMPEmy
Asteroid

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry, with these mods questions/answers... 

Yesterday took a 4h flight and it was non-stop beeping and disconnects everytime I moved my head. Thank god I had my 15$ wired earbuds with me, cuz my 200$ buds had no chance of working.................... 

And the saddest thing about this is, on the previous firmware, there was not such issue. You guys just messed it up on firmware R140XXUARC7 and done nothing about it since. 

Is there anyway to roll back to previous firmware?? if you will not fix this issue. the buds are useless now.

usertIHF2VYMLf
Constellation

New user, got IconX on 7/23/2018

Same problem. Earbuds works fine except for the beeping every 2 - 5 seconds and it's only on the left earbud.

There is no chance of hardware damage or sweat or whatever other reason because it's literally the first time I used it and I was walking. O_o

I did check to make sure and it was fit snuggly.

Most likely a firmware issue as the left earbud plays the music but gets interrupted by beeping.

Galaxy S9

Playing spotify

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried changing the dominant ear?

userJqSYT8fYCm
Constellation

Wow. Samsung employees are actively trolling us now.

This is disgusting. 

userCd89uec1Vq
Constellation

Just chiming in. This is my second pair of iconX's. Both pairs have a shoddy left earbud connection and seems to get worse over time. When I first received my replacement pair, it would do it infrequently. It seems that yesterday, I couldn't even get it to "think it's in my ear" for longer than a minute at a time. When I finally seem to get it to seat properly, I chew or smile or something and it disconnects again.

This has been happening since my first pair that I recieved in March.

Yes, it's up to date. Yes, I've tried cleaning the sensor. Yes, I've REPLACED the earbuds. Yes, it's only the earbud that disconnects. Yes, I've tried changing the "primary" earbud. No, it's not the phone.

There is an inherent hardware or software problem that users cannot solve. This is on Samsung to replace our earbuds with ones that have a better/redesigned sensor or for Samsung to update our earbuds to either fix or at least provide a workaround (which would look bad, but better than doing nothing at all). 

userBYpxuMVhbb
Constellation

I have also been having this problem but in both ears.  It makes it almsot impossible to use these $200 earbuds.  

The answers or "fixes" we've been given are junk and I've read thru this entire post and they are now just repeating themselves.

I will try the tape "fix" during my run tomorrow but that is sure a crappy way to have to use these.  Guess we'll have to stock up on alcohol pads to clean the glue off!

user9JoP2NpVSp
Constellation

would black magic marker over the sensor alo do the trick?

I guess I'll try it.

WiNG
Constellation

The problem is that the earbuds stops sensing the ear, and when it senses the ear again, it beeps, like its supposed to, but the earbud keeps sensing and stop sensing the ear, creating a whole lot of beeping noise. Something that also is annoying with this is the touch buttons on the side (play, pause, volume control) wont work when the earbud cant sense the ear. 

If there is no easy fix to this problem, i would like samsung to add a feature to the gear app that allows you to use the sensing method or not, meaning that the earbud will sense the ear and pause music if both earbuds aren't in your ear, OR you can choose to disable that feature and youll have to turn off the music manually.

This would be okay for me since i always put them back in their battery box when im not using them.