cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useryO0ZQMPEmy
Asteroid

Re: Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

Agree with the above user. That would work.

It's crazy alot of people have complained about this issue, they even took me into private testing and question asking, but nothing has been done...

Samsung, can you please do something about this issue???

Jason Aaron
Asteroid

This is what I suggested early in this thread, but nothing has changed. I opted to return the Icons and get the Jabra wireless earbuds. They aren't as feature-packed as the icons but they don't cause this annoying problem either. I hope Samsung can fix this for future IconX headphones so I can come back to them, because aside from this one problem, I really liked them.

userF9UOXYdaFP
Constellation

Until Samsung fix this issue or I won't be buying any other Samsung products from now on as this has made me doubtful of Samsung's ability to solve issue of their product which has been complained by their customers since such a long time.  I may sound exaggerated but this is what I feel everytime I hear this annoying beeps multiple times  as I wear them in the office or gym everyday.

userVfucVfUZBQ
Constellation

Can we atleast get an option to disable that annoying sound in samsung gear app ?

useryO0ZQMPEmy
Asteroid

This is unbelievable...

Samsung rolled out a update for the earbuds, but no fix for this issue!!??

The same beeping and pausing is still happenning. 

They really don't care about customer feedback and fixing the real problems... Sad.

userUbRLb4PCOm
Asteroid

Return them. 

@usertIHF2VYMLf wrote:

New user, got IconX on 7/23/2018

Same problem. Earbuds works fine except for the beeping every 2 - 5 seconds and it's only on the left earbud.

There is no chance of hardware damage or sweat or whatever other reason because it's literally the first time I used it and I was walking. O_o

I did check to make sure and it was fit snuggly.

Most likely a firmware issue as the left earbud plays the music but gets interrupted by beeping.

Galaxy S9

Playing spotify

userUbRLb4PCOm
Asteroid

@userJqSYT8fYCm wrote:

Gaffer tape fixed it 100%.  Thanks to @userUbRLb4PCOm for suggesting.  Photo here: imgur.com/a/MM2TX1V  Of course, I'd have to do that every time and adhesive buildup would be a problem (not to mention the hassle).

It would really make my day to have someone with Samsung in their name at least now acknowledge that they understand some of us here feel pretty confident there is an issue with the proximity sensor.

Can any of you Samsung people actually get information to people that are responsible for product development, firmware updates, etc?  Or are you more like generic internet forum mods and you're just doing the best you can to link people to FAQs already available?  Hearing from several of you with no real acknowledgement of answers to your questions or demonstration that you understand or can actually do anything to help us has been crazy-making.

I'd like a product dev to try something like giving us a way to disable proximity alerts (or delay intervals) once the buds are synced and playing (until they're put back in their charger).  I'd also really appreciate an ETA for that next firmware update.

I'm glad that helped. Like you, i'm pretty disappointed by these forum moderator responses.... really makes me question whether I should continue buying samsung products. I doubt I would have had a problem like this with the bose earbuds, but... then i'd like look frankenstein... lol

useryO0ZQMPEmy
Asteroid

Steaming from Spotify. But, as said in comments, this did not happen on previous firmware.

Have you tried clearing your cache?