cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usernW7XMBvC4S
Constellation

Re: Hey, @user4zioCRMS92, thanks for reaching out. Have you t...

Those troubleshooting steps are very general and I can verify they dont help. Anyways, hopefully my replacement pair, coming tomorrow, wont exhibit the same issues this current pair has had.  After nearly falling off of a treadmill the other week, while trying to adjust placement of earphones in my ears, I knew this issue wasnt just a nuiscance but a potential hazard too. 

usernW7XMBvC4S
Constellation

Just received new replacement pair from Amazon and thus far same whooshing sound in either ear bud, leading to inexplicable pauses in music, continues. Other people on various threads here are articulating the very same issue. This is still my trial period and I wish not to have to deal with a defective product, so will give these earbuds another try. The real test will be my gym routine on Saturday. 

useryO0ZQMPEmy
Asteroid

The buds are probably fine. It's the software thats screwing things up. They probably boosted up the sensors sensitivity or something, because everytime you move your head it thinks that you have taken the bud out of your ear, then makes the sound or pauses the music. Before the latest firmware (R140XXUARC7) update, this was not a issue for me. Now it's just out of control....

Samsung should really fix this, and it's probably a easy fix, because it was fine before. People now sending the buds back for a software issue.... 

usernW7XMBvC4S
Constellation

I noticed the headphones working much better before the latest firmware. I  ended up getting a pair of the Bose Soundsport headphones, which have crystal-clear sound..but I actually miss the design overall of the Samsung pair as compared to these slightly oversized pair. But I wasn't getting solid answers from Samsung support about the issue..

Jason Aaron
Asteroid

@usernW7XMBvC4S wrote:

I noticed the headphones working much better before the latest firmware. I  ended up getting a pair of the Bose Soundsport headphones, which have crystal-clear sound..but I actually miss the design overall of the Samsung pair as compared to these slightly oversized pair. But I wasn't getting solid answers from Samsung support about the issue..

I also prefer the design and the features of the IconX but the constant disconnecting and reconnecting was too much. I ended up getting the Jabra Elite 65T. They are truly amazing however they lack a fre if the features of the IconX. Maybe Samsung can fix this for the IconX 2019 and I'll come back...

userQvMpkH7Cj6
Constellation

same issue please samsung fix these errors and please give us new firmware update

userRlQTbSfuqt
Constellation

Same issue here as well.  Left side continuously chimed at me the whole run.  Right side did not, and it actually almost fell out at one point so its not even consistent.  Make this less touchy or a way to disable it.

userJuWu9U9tQp
Constellation

Re: Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

Yes I dod severss times no help and they cost too much to repalce what do you suggest

userUbRLb4PCOm
Asteroid

@userJuWu9U9tQp wrote:

Yes I dod severss times no help and they cost too much to repalce what do you suggest

The only fix i have is to put tape over the sensors. I used KT tape. Another user here suggested gaffers tape. You just want to cover up the little sensor, but not the metal contacts for charging. 

With the sensors covered, they no longer detect when they're in my ears, so no more beeping. The earbuds do turn off when you put them in the case and close the case though. So they work pretty well... just not as advertised.

And no, samsung does not care about user feedback. This thread is a joke. I will not buy any more samsung products other than perhaps phones, which they do seem to support pretty well.  Anything else like tablets, earbuds, etc.... good luck if you have any problems with them.

bennybrv
Constellation

I also experience the constant whooshing chime, not all the time - but regularly. It's extreemly annoying so I have sent them in for repair. Hopefully Samsung will realise there is a major issue and issue a firmware update or recall them. Sounds like it's a serious problem for a lot of users.