cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CatchupShan
Cosmic Ray

Gear IconX 2018 - Issue with Spotify

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Am I the only one facing this issue with my new Gear IconX 2018 with Spotify?  Can someone help me out to figure out if this is an issue with my Gear IconX or it's a common issue.

I'm using the Gear IconX 2018 with my Note 8 and for some reason whenever i try to Pause/Play (single touch) via my IconX i can hear that IconX says Pause/Play, but the actual trigger doesn't happen in my phone.  So in reality i cannot Pause/Play the Songs in my Spotify, but i'm able to Skip Forward (double tap), Skip Backword (Triple Tap),  Volume Up & Volume Down when i'm listening songs from Spotify.  Also, the Single Tap (Pause/Play) works fine in Samsung Music & Samsung VIdeos, this doesn't work only with my Spotify.

Can someone suggest if you also faced this issue, but have a solution to address this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user2i1OSziCJz
Asteroid

Re: Gear IconX 2018 - Issue with Spotify

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey All,

Had the same problem, until I noticed my Spotify app was not set to auto-update. I went ahead and pushed the update through and now the single tap for play/pause communicates over just fine to my S8+.

26 REPLIES 26
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community!

Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone facing this problem themselves? Let us know!  ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userNcsYfS3314
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I got the same issue with my Galaxy S8 but I'm not able to skip or go back I just listen the beeps but there is not answer on my phone, so the music is there but I can't control it.
Lars
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm using the Gear IconX 2018 with my S8+ and have the same problem.  When I try to Pause/Play using touchpad on i can hear that it  says Pause/Play, but the actual trigger doesn't happen. No problem when I pause/play music locally stored on IconX

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are both of you also using Spotify?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Lars
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem is when using Spotify, not when playing music locally stored. Play/Pause doesnt work using Spotify. If I double touch it works meaning I can skip songs or answer/end phone calls even when using Spotify.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is pretty strange, thanks for clearing that up, @Lars. Have you already attempted to contact Spotify about this behavior?

Lars
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungTrevorI have contacted Spotify! When streaming for instance Netflix  the single tap works perfect.  

userEqa1AXeZsu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lars, I don't have an answer for you, but I have the same issue. Please answer back if Samsung responds!

userEqa1AXeZsu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sorry, if Spotify responds.