cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userAQkRHIA3Pr
Constellation

Gear IconX Battery Issues

Hello - I am completely frustrated, as it seems most other Gear IconX owners are as well.  My buds and battery case will not hold a charge.  Once everything is green, including the charging case, the buds and case continue to have some sort of phantom power drain.  When I open the case the next day to use the buds, everything has completely discharged.  I know there are tons of posts to this same point with other users experiencing exactly the same thing, but I figured that if "we" all start new threads eventually Samsung will address the issue.  Surely Samsung cares just as much about their non-exploding products...hopefully.

Just cause I know the "canned" response will ask:

Connected with Samsung Galaxy S7, resets performed multiple times, new firmware updated several times, all known or suggested troubleshooting performed several times.

Samsung please address.

145 REPLIES 145
ramonq619
Constellation

Re: Gear IconX Battery Issues

i have kind of the same issue. I have to open the lid and close it so they can charge again. If i dont they would have maybe 10% batttery left. i can charge the buds maybe only once since the buds drain the battery in the case. I have a feeling they stay on inside the case. There was something similar with the apple airpods but at least they have said that its a defect and will replace them with a new set of buds. Samsung has not said anything on that issue! Its really annoying since the battery is pretty much already bad.

usergkIzYa3ZNV
Constellation

I have the same issue.  I charge them up.  Put them in my travel backpack and when I go to use them, they are completly drained.  Kinda, misses the point of the charge case...

Black Hole

Hello, everyone. 

I can understand how frustrating that can be. Let me ask you some questions to determine if there are any external factors affecting your battery life.

- Are you using the charger that came with your earbuds?

- Have you checked for any corrosion or missing contacts on your ear buds?

- Are you wiping away all sweat or moisture that your earbuds prior to placing them into the charging case?

- Have you left the charging cable or charger connected to the earbud case when not plugged into an outlet? 

Steps I would recommend are:

- Ensuring that your case is closed when traveling. 

- Check that earbuds are off when storing

userAQkRHIA3Pr
Constellation

In response to your questions:

1.) Yes, I am using the included charging cable (no wall adapter is included in the packaging) with my Samsung 2.1 amp wall adapter that came with my Galaxy Note.

2.) I have looked for corrosion/missing pins.  Everything appears to be fine, the problem occurs right out of the box on the first charge cycle and has repeated with every charge since.

3.) Haven't even had the opportunity to get them sweaty, every time I want to use them they are dead.

4.) No, as soon as I get all green lights everything gets disconnected and placed in my computer bag.

5.) The case being closed actually seems to be what discharges the buds.  If I crack the case open or cover the contacts in the case while it is closed, the buds will maintain a charge.  If I don't do the above, the buds rapidly drain.

6.) If by off you mean disconnected or unpaired...I have tried that, doesn't make any difference.

There is clearly a flaw in the design that allows the buds to discharge in the case.  The case continues to discharge even though the buds are fully charged, it doesn't stop, it just keeps charging until it is dead, then the buds discharge until they are dead.

userYQnCpa3K8E
Constellation

Turning the buds off requires a tiger hand-held paper clip reset.

beer_edge
Asteroid

False.  The "turning off" is negated the moment you put them in the handy-dandy storage/charging/draining case...

beer_edge
Asteroid

How do you:

"Check that earbuds are off when storing"??

Black Hole

Hey there, @beer_edge 

That is a great question, and you can refer to the thread here: Gear IconX for more information. 

userIA4MMWqEsq
Constellation

Would it be too much for you to simply give the answer in a reply?  Is it so complicated that a one to two-sentence answer won't suffice?  I clicked on your link to the other thread and after searching for the word "off" finally gave up after 10 minutes?  

If you can't link DIRECTLY to the SPECIFIC answer, then don't link.  Practice good linking!

Thank you.