cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userveEVoVB2mI
Constellation

Gear IconX Wont Connect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got a pair of the IconX headphones and they paired succesfully when I first opened them.  I was switching the main earbud from right to the left and the Gear Manger App shut down unexpectedly.  Ever since I have not been able to connect by earbuds to each other nor the phone.  The Gear Manager wont pick them up, the bluetooth wont pick them up.  I cant reset them via the app becuase they arent found.  I've reset them manually several times.  I've followed the troubleshooting steps on the website but still no connection.  All I get when I first put them in my ear and press to see if I can manually put them in pairing mode (even though I know thats not how its done) is to please insert the main earbud to access this feature.  The same thing happens to both earbuds, which leads me to believe that at this point neither is the main earbud and therefore unable to connect to any device.  If anyone knows how to set these earbuds into pairing mode that would be great...besides keeping them in your ear or putting them back in the case as the website mentions.  Sorry for the long message but I tried to put as much info as possible.  Thanks in advance.  ( Looking to maybe replace these with the Powerbeats3 :-( although I love all my Samsung gadgets!)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userphPYCgfuF5
Constellation

Re: Gear IconX Wont Connect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to me, i let my sister use my ear buds and lord behold she did who knows what and she got a warnig saying it will not pair or something. So me being the tech of the family even though im no IT i do know how to fix tech issues. My earbuds would not connect to my phone i have the s9+ i t will not appear in the bluetooth searches when its finding  a device it wouldnt even connect to my sisters apple devices or LG so i googled for  about 30 minutes and still nothing so i decided to read through this page becouse it had the same problem and scrolling through they mentioned the bluetooth button that is on the back of the case next to the charging port. And i did press that button when i was resetting my ear buds and uninstalling the gear app i pressed that button and nothing happened becouse no site even mentioned the button not even the manuel so i thiught it was useless.  THE POINT IS PRESS THAT BUTTON FOR LIKE 15 SECONDS OR MORE UNTIL THE LIGHT CHANGES COLORS BLUE, RED AND GREEN ect.  TURN ON YOUR BUETOOTH  ON YOUR PHONE AND IT  WILL PAIR UP ON DEVICES FOUND AND IT WILL SET UP AGAIN. I hope that works for you I was about to cry like this babys were $90. 

47 REPLIES 47
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @userveEVoVB2mI

Have you tried uninstalling the Gear Manager app and then installing it again to see if it will pick them back up afterward?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userveEVoVB2mI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi SamsungViv,

Thank you for the suggestion, I've disabled and enabled the app as you really cant uninstall it.  I hostley dont think its the phone or the app, my Gear S and Gear Circle connect just fine.  My bluetooth wont even pick them up and I also tried to install them on my S6.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If that and a soft reset don't fix the connection problem, then you may need to send them in for an exchange/repair. Alternately, if you haven't had them for too long, it might also be easier to get an exchange from the place of purchase.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userwkceGAKD7U
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there,

I just got my Gear iconx 2018 today and I want to transfer tracks to it but since I have an Apple iPad as well i’m Using Apple Music... is this the reson that I can’t find the songs In the option of selecting the songs? Or if it’s not why I can’t see any of my songs in the Add tracks option? 

Or do I have first select the songs on the Apple Music App and then they will appear in the option? 

Thank you! 

userfHk19ZnTxr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So this solution above does nothing for the people that dont have the blue tooth button on the back of the icon x charger case...

userylJ1sgB6R9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just ran into the same problem. Tried to switch the main earbud from right to left and it shut down and nothing will pick them back up on Bluetooth. Uninstalled the app, have tried everything and nothing works.

userIXlsdHIQGp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having the same problem. Uninstalled,soft rest and still connects  then disconnected  in 1 min.

userctybvntIbG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you pull off the little rubber band that helps hold the device in your ears there is a small white button. Press it for 7 seconds, let go, depress the button for 3 more seconds. Put them in your ear, reconnect them (they show up as a new pair) and you're good to go.

userctybvntIbG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ps you're going to need a safety pin, paperclip or something like that if you want to press the button, it is quite small