cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userF1DWIVL7Yw
Astronaut

Gear IconX left ear bud problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have had my Gear IconX 2018 for a couple of months now and the left ear bud has what seemed to be is stopped working, but it is just a very low volume. when I listen to music or listen to something I only hear stuff out of my right ear bud. I don't know what to do and they were my favorite pair of head phones. Does anyone know what to do.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userZyepMrwWpt
Astronaut

Re: Gear IconX left ear bud problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, so earlier today I had the same issue with my left ear bud. I had just gotten them for Christmas and have only used them for a day. I researched the issue on this model, but couldn't find a solution. However, on the older models, some said to take out the black screen and clean it. As I was ready to send them back to Samsung anyway and get new ones, I went ahead and tried it out, even though I BARELY used them. I took the screen out and rubbed some type of adhesive off the screen (not ear wax). I also blew into the ear bud, just to make sure nothing was in there. I then placed the screen back on and WALAA! IT FIXED THE ISSUE! I doont how it fixed it, even I used it for just 1 day, but you can go ahead and give it a try. You could also try the placing the screen in hot water trick. Let me know if it works for you. Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

96 REPLIES 96
userZyepMrwWpt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, so earlier today I had the same issue with my left ear bud. I had just gotten them for Christmas and have only used them for a day. I researched the issue on this model, but couldn't find a solution. However, on the older models, some said to take out the black screen and clean it. As I was ready to send them back to Samsung anyway and get new ones, I went ahead and tried it out, even though I BARELY used them. I took the screen out and rubbed some type of adhesive off the screen (not ear wax). I also blew into the ear bud, just to make sure nothing was in there. I then placed the screen back on and WALAA! IT FIXED THE ISSUE! I doont how it fixed it, even I used it for just 1 day, but you can go ahead and give it a try. You could also try the placing the screen in hot water trick. Let me know if it works for you. Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

userAd8xDhjZ5O
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. Im havong the exact same problem and I would like to try out your fixing method. Can i know how you take the black screen off?

MadMartian
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You shouldn't take the mesh off of the earbuds and you risk voiding your warranty if you remove the white shielding from the underside of the mesh.  Samsung instructions state that if removal of the mesh is necessary to remove debris that servicing is necessary (this is probably due to the fact that the mesh is held in-place with a special adhesive).  I think that white shielding is to prevent debris from entering and contaminating the inner components of the earbud, particularly sweat, which is why it should stay there.

userxDBZunUJUo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks for that. Fixed it for me too. Makes me wonder what the "adhesive" actually was? I wonder if it's there to hold the little black screen on the earpiece but under heat it goes gooey and blocks the speaker?
user1HyqJEMZku
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey

After looking at all the other so called fixes, this sounded odd but strangley possible.

Levered the black outer mesh off with a needle, and yup, found a gooey glue underneath ontop of the white plastic cap.. not sure what that does but remives the glue and removed the white cap entirely, (replaced the black outer mesh (held in place by the earbud fitting)... and hey presto! For the first time in months my earbuds worked the whole 45 minutes of my run. No problems.

Hopefully that fixed it - that or its a HUGE coincidnce.

userQYOb0aRDHy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. I'm having the same problem. Is your issue resolved? How do I fix it?

userQYOb0aRDHy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What black lining & white lining?

userQYOb0aRDHy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What do I do?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userQYOb0aRD; For this issue, I recommend cleaning the earbuds first. Just click on the link below to access a step by step how to guide. Let us know if this resolves the issue. 

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=873921&modelname=SM-...