cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fifth313ment
Asteroid

Gear S Plugin has stopped repeatedly!

Everytime I try to open the Samsung Gear app it forces close saying the gear s plugin has crashed. It keeps happening on my Samsung S8+ and an S3 Classic. This isy second S8+ and it has happened on both! I have reset the whole watch and app on the phone and yet it crops up in a few weeks. What is going on Samsung! Then Everytime you start the wear app the gear s plugin crashes and you can never go into the app. This is extremely annoying as I use the app to find my watch often and resetting the device can take hours! We pay thousands for Samsung devices and yet they don't even have the decency to respond? I have followed the instructions on the post link below and that doesn't work as I have tried that and even resetting the phone and watch. Nothing works and Samsung NEVER responds!

Instructions that say it fixes it but doesn't work for me and many others!

5th

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear S Plugin has stopped repeatedly!

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Fifth313ment
Asteroid

I have reset the cache, reset the phone, reset the watch and even tried a new phone and this is still happening. And no response from Samsung.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Fifth313ment Have you checked to make sure the phone, the watch, and app are up to date on their respective software?

Fifth313ment
Asteroid

@SamsungQue wrote:

@Fifth313ment Have you checked to make sure the phone, the watch, and app are up to date on their respective software?

Yes, everything is up to date and I have even tried different versions of the apps I found on Sammobile and all websites. They simply ask to update and then it starts all over again. And I'm not the only one to have this issue. Simply search Google for Samsung Gear s plugin stopped and you'll get a ton of results. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Just to clarify, have you force stopped, and cleared the cache and data for the Galaxy wearable app?

Fifth313ment
Asteroid

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Just to clarify, have you force stopped, and cleared the cache and data for the Galaxy wearable app?

Yes, for both the plugin app and the regular app. But, as I said, I also tried another phone and reset the first phone (hard reset).

5th

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We would recommend a service repair. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2