JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S2 Classic - Auto Pause Issue since update - Very Very Annoying!

(Topic created: 03-01-2018 11:49 AM)
WyoVolvoDude
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hey All... I just updated my watch two days ago to the new big software update and I have a very very annoying problem now.

I run a lot at gyms, treadmills and the indoor track. well before the update I just would tell my watch I'm starting to run, turn of location watch and hit start, take off then hit stop at end and it would save my progress, beautiful! Was great to keep track of my time and heart rate.... well now with this new auto pause feature it does not like that I stationary run! Seem because of the location track???? so I ran 45 mins today on treadmill and it only says I ran 5 mins because it just kept "auto pausing"?!?! Why!? I ran for 45 mins! I can not figure out how to tell it not to track my location either!?

Please help, this is very very annoying now! I loved my classic!

14 Replies
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello there, @WyoVolvoDude. We're glad you reached out here with your concern and are so sorry that you're experiencing this.

What is the model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for the Smart Phone your Gear S2 Classic is paired with? Do you normally have your Smart Phone near you when you're exercising like this? Also, can you please double check for any pending updates to the operating system or any of the apps on your Gear S2? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
WyoVolvoDude
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Smart Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930V

Baseband: G930VVRU4API3

I have double checked updates and all say "up to date". The phone is either in the running craddle or in my gym bag in the locker.

userq8bulpvFqN
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My new watch is also doing the same. I also went into the settings as someone suggested to turn off auto pausing and it continues to auto pause. My phone is a S10+  and my band is SM-R830. An hour of spin class and it only shows I was on for 20 minutes. I also checked for any updates needed and everything was up to date! This is half the reason I bought this watch! My Fitbit was far more accurate! 

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Have you tried force stopping and clearing the cache and data for the S-Health app and Galaxy wearables app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userEMS78
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

You guys always when update something you messed up with  the device which is was doing good, stop to creat situation to force us to buy a new model etc... We will eventually do that when the time comes!

0 Likes
Solution
MattyH
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Yeah this is really annoying, i found out how to turn it off. Go to S health, then scroll across to where you start an exercise, dont click the start triangle but click the picture of someone walking, or it might be running, then scroll to auto pause, then turn off, you cna also turn off location, so i did 30 mins on the treadmill but i guess the GPS thinks you are stationariy
WyoVolvoDude
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Thanks! This worked!
0 Likes
useroBRu0uRvfU
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Thank you, I went to best buy , talked to a Samsung rep and he had no idea, told me to send the watch back to Samsung. So. Thank you very much.
0 Likes
useroBRu0uRvfU
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Thank you
0 Likes