JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S2 Classic Will Not Boot

(Topic created: 08-05-2021 03:34 PM)
requa
Comet
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have a Gear S2 Classic I rarely use and have not tried to use for a few months now. I have kept it on it's charging base and periodically, such as after a power interruption, see the screen indicating 100% charge level. I Tried to use it a few days ago but cannot get it powered on. Long-pressing the lower button brings up a Samsung Gear S2 splash screen, then returns to black. Long-pressing both buttons brings up the same splash screen with "Rebooting" at the bottom, but still nothing further happens. I do not care about any data that may be on the device. Is there some way to perform a full reset to get it working again if I can't get it to wake up?

Thanks

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
1 Reply
Solution
requa
Comet
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I found the instructions for a hard reset at https://www.samsung.com/za/support/mobile-devices/gear-s2-how-do-i-reset-my-samsung-gear-s2/. It took several tries but I finally performed a factory reset. Now I think the reason for all this difficulty is that the battery is almost immediately dying when I remove it from the charger, but that is another problem and one I won't try to remedy unless there is some way to rejuvenate it in place.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
0 Likes