Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JTFazz
Constellation

Gear S2 plugin keeps stopping after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Own a Galaxy Gear S2 and Galaxy Watch, one for personal phone, one for work phone. The Galaxy Watch and S9+ did fine during the recent upgrade. But the Gear S2 won't even get past connection after the update. Stalls in the process and the pop-up "Gear S2 Plugin Keeps Stopping" keeps popping up. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I have cleared the cache in the plugin app. I have reset the S2 watch to factory settings. Nothing has worked and the watch is now useless.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JTFazz
Constellation

Re: Gear S2 plugin keeps stopping after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went back through the setup process again this morning. This is probably the fifth or sixth time. It finally worked. I don't know if something changed on Samsung's end or not, but I reinstalled the Galaxy Wearables from the Galaxy Store. I have no idea what changed or why it went through this time. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
userUecc0RLxv8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem!

userhum2kRHdjk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having same issue been on chat with Samsung for hours and getting nowhere, not happy 

userGI0wNSuQRP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue has happened to my son's s2 & S9 phone. I have tried restoring both device to factory settings with no success.  This has taken nearly 2 hours to complete.

Samsung please resolve asap.

user5NcAbA1D49
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem.  So very frustrating.  Samsung please help now!

usermWLYQOhKJC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue. Ever since the update on Friday.  My watch is useless. I can't answer phone calls or get notifications. Had to turn Bluetooth off on my phone so it would quit popping up saying "Gear S2 has stopped." I wish they would fix it.

@JTFazz wrote:

Own a Galaxy Gear S2 and Galaxy Watch, one for personal phone, one for work phone. The Galaxy Watch and S9+ did fine during the recent upgrade. But the Gear S2 won't even get past connection after the update. Stalls in the process and the pop-up "Gear S2 Plugin Keeps Stopping" keeps popping up. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I have cleared the cache in the plugin app. I have reset the S2 watch to factory settings. Nothing has worked and the watch is now useless.

@JTFazz wrote:

@JTFazz wrote:

usercwq0pXkbEU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue.  I got a message from Samsung yesterday telling me to reboot reinstal etc which I have already done, several times.  Completely useless.  I ended up googling this morning how to use the watch without a device which basically put it in stand alone mode so I can at least have a watch.  But its pointless if you cant use it to its full abilitlies.  FIX IT SAMSUNG!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will you please send a private message with the following information? I would like to get this escalated to the product specialty team. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Model Code of watch:

Serial / IMEI Number:

Phone you are connected to:

Service Provider:

Plugin Version:

Galaxy Wearables version:

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

JTFazz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went back through the setup process again this morning. This is probably the fifth or sixth time. It finally worked. I don't know if something changed on Samsung's end or not, but I reinstalled the Galaxy Wearables from the Galaxy Store. I have no idea what changed or why it went through this time. 

View solution in original post

userNuMjSbSKqD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@JTFazz wrote:

Thanks @JTFazz,

I tried the same, downloaded the app from the Galaxy store and ran the program.  It forced my watch to do a light reset.  Once that was done the update compelted and I am back in business.  So far no error messages.