JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 Charger melted and almost caught fire

(Topic created: 07-06-2019 02:49 PM)
userTLgiQwRdDb
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I have had my watch and charger for over a year now. It is the charger that came with the watch. This morning I noticed my watch was a little warm when I took it off the charger, but didn't think much of it. About 4 hours later I noticed the charger smelled like an electrical fire. It was also melted and severely damaged. I have obviously unplugged it, and am never going to plug it back in. Has anyone else had this issue? I am thankful I worked from home today. I hate to think what might have happened if I wasn't home.
14 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello. I can definitely see how this would be concerning!  I hope you are okay, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved. 

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc. 

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864. 

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back. 

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usereWgwo8NsHx
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I don't have an answer, but this happened to me last night. I was going to charge my watch and noticed the charger was extremely hot. I picked it up and immediately dropped it due to how hot it was. The cord melted apart and the end that goes into the charger is fused onto the charging base. Very concerning.
0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I would be happy to look into this for you as well. Just follow the steps in the accepted solution and I'll follow up with you there. 🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usereWgwo8NsHx
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Message sent
0 Likes
userlbRFoiIR83
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I just had my charger and cable melt on me as well.  This morning my watch said it needed to cool down, when I tried to put it on, it was crazy hot.  My wife came downstairs to tell me it smelled like electrical fire so I went to the watch charger and it was melted along with the cord.  My wood bed showed signs of burning as well.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Please send a private message with the full model code and serial number so I can look into this for you! http://bit.ly/2XERsky

0 Likes
user0eJyVbhcrt
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This happened to me aswell this morning with my Samsung galaxy s3 frontier 

0 Likes
userBiIduxlhQf
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I too have a Samsung Frontier S3 and today the charger was hot & it was melted , it would have caught fire if i had not found it when i did. the charger and base was extremly hot and had a burning smell.

0 Likes
userijJsmGOsuq
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
mine did the same thing
0 Likes