Re: Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMabSysF6ON 

Didn't work at all..

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's now clear that it's a software issue, for most of us at least. My 1-year-old Gear S3 Classic usually lasted for 2 days of which about 12h on AOD mode (always-on display), I had it on both Tizen 3 and Tizen 4 and it worked the same. Immeditely after I updated it from 4.0.0.2 to 4.0.0.4 (to One UI 1.0), it started to drain about 20-25% per hour on AOD, so only 4-5h of usage if I kept it only on AOD, and on stand-by it drained 3x times faster than before. I updated it to version R770XXU2ESG1 (still 4.0.0.4) on 1-sep-2019 and now it's back to normal. It drains 2-3% per hour instead of 20-25% on AOD. I hope this doesn't change and I will clearly never update it, ever again.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know im late on the whole discussion about the samsung gear s3 classic thread. I literally bought this thing 6-7 months ago and ever since ive been fighting and getting shunned from comments from the seller who sold this to me and ebay when i tried to dispute this situation. This watch was my first and was so thrilled and excited to purchase it. Finally getting it from the mail thing only worked for a day maybe 2. Arguing with the seller for a return/refund they told me to send videos of it and i did not one reply for weeks until they told me they weren't going to help i then contacted ebay every other day feeling i just got robbed and nobody is willing to help me.. They emailed me back saying sorry u had a bad seller and i should dispute it with customer service? I did multiple times being polite and not getting angry with them but deep down i was furious months later go by im sitting here feeling horrible trying to contact someone the seller ebay and samsung not once did anyone reply to me after that last email. I spent way to much on this paperweight all i did was unbox the watch updated it wore it for like an hr till battery died. Never took it to work because i don't believe in phones or electronics that state they are waterproof nor will i ever try it. Decided to pick it up again since its just staring at me everyday on my counter tried everything i flashed so many phones that a friend told me why don't u just flash the watch? It dawned on me but why do i have to go through this much hassle for what i spent. Stayed up all night to go in circles with google samsung ect to find out where is the firmware? Not getting the answers i seeked feeling like trash because 3 ppl basically brushed me off an ran with my $ its what it feels like cant take this thing off the charger without it going blank until on the charger again idk what to do i think im going to have to buy a battery and replace it myself ? I have the newest update out rn and ive only updated it once. Ive done hard resets factory resets different phones.. This is just ridiculous i wanted to be walking around feeling like 007 hence the reason i got it everyone flashing their "smartwatches around" and me feeling like i recieved a box that was obviously in the defective bin can anyone help me out on finding this firmware before i buy a battery and replace myself just to lose more $.. I dont want a refund i don't want problems i just want what i paid for and what was described to me. Smiley Sad i think im done with ebay im not an apple fan to plain for me but this has lost alot of my respect towards everyone involved in this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 😑

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to Settings -> About watch -> Software -> Software version. The latest update is: R770XXU2ESG1. If you don't have this version, go to Settings -> General -> Update watch software (make sure you're connected to an Wi-Fi network on your watch). If you have the latest version, then yes, you should try changing the battery. But do it by yourself ONLY IF you have real experience with disassemblying mobile devices (you can check on youtube how to disassembly Gear S3 Frontier, the Classic one is the same). If you don't have experience, try to call Samsung (not email, call them) from your country (just type "Samsung" + "your country" + "contact" on Google), and they will provide you with an adress and all the details to send it (or you personally go with it if they have a repairing service in your city). You will probably have to pay, but not much, just tell them the whole story (the watch might even be in warranty if you're lucky). If this doesn't work, try different GSM service shops. Most suppliers don't have smartwatch batteries, so if these shops can't find a battery for you, then you ask them if they will repair your smartwatch if you buy a battery online by yourself. But remember to ask them if they deal with smartwatches, because most of them don't.

Keep in mind that it can still be a software issue even with the latest version. And it might drain your battery just as fast even if you change it with a new one.

I wish you good luck!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue for few days this week. Battery lasting less than a day. On a 3-4 month old Gear S3. Due to the high amount of complains, it looks like this was software related. Then 2 days ago I made another software update. And this seems to have solved the issue. For yesterday, the battery drain was approx 25% day, and that looks normal. Problem solved.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am still experiencing a battery that drains fast. I have software version R770XXU2FYD4. My last update was 18/June/2020. I have removed the apps I don't use. What next?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same issue! O used to get two full days but now I only get a day and a half. I even replaced the battery and its still doing it. I have made NO changes to cause it.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My battery drains too fast, It's dead by the end of the day I have recharge it every night. By lunch time its less than 60%. I have reset. only have one watch face.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This morning, I took my gear s3 off the charger. it said, that I was 100% battery charger. I few less than an a half hour, my battery said 11%. I have my watch for a few years but lately it's become more of a pain. I have reset my watch numerous times, removed all but one watch face and erased all other apps. what else could I do? I also don't wear it one the weekends, it sits on the charger.