cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhylZXBx7nI
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here! I hope someone figures it out, this is pretty annoying. I haven't loaded any new apps or done anything different in over a year. In the last week all of a sudden the battery can only make it 75% off the day. 

userIvwmMP1oQO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just upgraded to the gear s3 classic two weeks ago and the last couple of days the battery will drop 30% in two hours. None of the above mentioned tips have helped. 

userYA2dqzYGqb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What was useful to me:
1. I have disabled Gear and Shealth applications on my phone, I have restarted my watch and my phone;
2. Re-enabled the gear app from GALAXY APPS, not from Google Play
3. I tried to pair my watch with Gear and it was not possible, getting errors!
4. I have disabled the Gear application,I restarted the clock and the phone again;
5. I've activated the Gear GOOGLE PLAY app I've restarted my watch and phone and then paired it this time with success!
6. I HAVE NOT UPDATED TO ANY APPLICATION.
 The clock now consumes somewhere at 0.7-0.8% per hour, just like in the beginning; the battery holds me somewhere at 98 hours without AOD,
location and wi-fi on and brightness at 7; Also the pulse measurement is 10 minutes. Since the last update (CRG3) the battery was 16-18 hours between charges. The problem is not from the clock but from updating the software to version 3.Success.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userYA2dqzYGqb: Thank you for sharing. Smiley Happy 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKFvG0X4pqj

Good morning, did you still need help with that watch, or are did you manage to find a work around?

Highlighted
userKFvG0X4pqj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After a lot of hoop jumping I think that things are all good: I power cycled it a few times but battery was still draining, so I uninstalled every custom watch face that was installed to it, along with every app that I had added. I then turned it off and left it off for something like 10-15 minutes. After it connected with my phone there was a notification on the phone about an update (but when I manually checked previously, it kept saying that the Gear software was up to date). When I selected it, it took me to the Gear software and a "What's new with this update" type screen. The battery seems to be back to normal. However, when I went to check the software version, it is still showing as being R770XXU2CQL1 (which is what it was showing prior to all of this) So I'm guessing that somehow, some step of an update wasn't showing as making it to the final/complete stage... or something like that, and for reasons unknown ~48 hours prior, this situation resulted in some process spinning because the update wasn't fully registering as "complete" somewhere... I dunno. Software is weird.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKFvG0X4pqj

I agree that is a rather strange work around, but I am glad that your battery life has gone to a more normal level now.

userRxVfAtD9Js
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this issue also. After the update and no its nothing on the watch. I performed reset and still there is a problem. Its the update  own and fix it please. The watch was great before, now its worthless to me, cant even make the day.

Christian_D
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check and see what application is using the battery.. Go to your phone > Samsung gear app > settings button at the top >  About gear (at the bottom)  > click the 'battery' icon at the top of that window.   It will show the current battery and the applications that have used the most battery since full charge.

I have noticed that the "Contacts"  application is the major issue with 90% of these 'battery dying in 2 hours' posts.

Seems though Samsung either has not found a solution as to why its doing this... Has elected to ignore the issue... Or is hopefully working on this to fix it.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRxVfAtD9Js

Were the suggestions made by @Christian_D helpful at all? Or have you not had a chance to test that out?