JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

(Topic created: 07-09-2018 09:52 AM)
userKFvG0X4pqj
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've had my Gear S3 Classic since sometime around last summer (so not even a year now, bought it new), and prior to a few days ago it had pretty good batter life. I could get close to two days between charges. As of yesterday however, this is no longer the case. By 1 PM it was at about 60%. I generally only put about 7K steps/15-20 flights of stairs a day on it a day, and 60% is something that I am used to seeing close to bedtime, not right after lunch. Today I've been confined to my desk most of the day and currently only have about 2K steps/10 flights of stairs, and the battery is sitting at 48%. I've restarted the watch several times and it is still draining battery at 3-4 times the rate that it was.

Anyone else seeing an issue like this?

530 Replies
userDKyXcyJRAc
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@SamsungLarryK wrote:

This link should help with resetting your watch.

Hi SamsungLarry can you please suggest good brand with good customer service cause Samsung obviously not one of them. Writing issue is solved instead of fixing it doesn't help in real world. I have my watch for less than a year and start having battery problems 3 days ago . I didn't install any new apps and didn't do any changes to my phone and all of a sudden it start dying quickly. I did soft and hard reset but nothing helps so makes me think quality of the product is garbage.  

Samsung please have real fix nobody needs statements about problem solved

@
0 Likes
Dave A
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

With the help of Samsung online chat - I did a backup and reset and it seems to have fixed the issue at this stage. Back to 2 -3 days battery life - I was not even getting one before. Worth trying.

0 Likes
Efe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

dear @Dave A, back up and reset process has been tried for thousands of times by hundreds of users. didn't work for %99. I'm glad it did work for you. I recently did a full reset but still losing %2-%2.5 per hour, when I use this watch.. I mostly use Xiaomi - Amazfit Stratos. It can go up to 11 days. 

0 Likes
userzo5SDxRpDb
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This is insane!!! According to the gear app it has been on battery 1 hour and 9 minutes and I am already down to 79% battery. This has been going on for weeks. 

0 Likes
user4nqXWcEW0Z
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm having the same problem. It seems do be getting worse daily. I've reset it three times now and disabled just about every feature and the battery still will not last a full day. Before the update I had around 70% battery at the end of the day, and I'd wear it over night and still have over 60%. Now I have to go into battery saving mode before I leave work.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hey, I am sorry to hear that. Check out this troubleshooting guide for reduced battery life. Just click on the word Link and you are all set. Also, make sure your watch is fully up to date. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Just checking back in to see if the troubleshooting steps helped. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
bird3051
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

No. Still having the same problem after resetting it twice. 

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Okay, thank you for the update. Can you please provide me with the model number of your device?

0 Likes
bird3051
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Model Number SM-R760

Software: Tizen version 3.0.0.2

R760XXU2CRE3

0 Likes