cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. As per Saturday 13/10/2018 Battery is drainnig fast when on 70% and less. Battery lasts for 18 hours per day. This is bad for Samsung. I reset Gear twice. No system updates found. What is happening here...???

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problems here.  Started 3 days ago.  Also draining my S8 Plus.  Seems to be the Samsung Health app which showed a 43 percent battery usage since last charged.  Wow! Hope Samsung gets this fixed ASAP!  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My gear s3 frontier just started this battery drain a couple days ago.  This is frustrating!  I reset the gear hoping that would fix it but still seeing half drain in only couple of hours

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to the gear app on the phone and click on connections and turn off the Wi-Fi. And you're gear s3 will last for 2 days on one charge 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not only I turned off WIFI, I put in airplane mode to see if this will help the battery, at least for a litlle time, but the battery drains as before. My problem now is that the phone shots down after I boot it up and after that it does not turn on so I have to put on charger and after a few minutes it shots down again. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue and it started a couple days ago. Cannot get through half a day with a charge. The above solution is not working for me but i will try it once more time. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It may help some users:
I did the reset to factory settings yesterday night. It did not solve the problem, battery drain from 5% to 8% per hour.

After that, I saw Samsung Health was the main app draining battery. Heart beat monitor (HBM) was set to measure beats every 10 min.

I changed the setting to measure only by demand - no more automatic measurements.

Now it is draining around 2% per hour, bringing back the previous autonomy (a little bit over 2 days).

Just to be clear - IT IS NOT A SOLUTION - it is a interim containment action that worked for me. 

I DO expect a permanent correction action from Samsung (VERY SOON) fixing this issue once and for all - based on the customers reports this problem started 2 to 3 days ago all over the world.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the frontier and the same thing happened to me about 2 days ago also. Cant make it through the day now. Used to get about 2 days before needing charged...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another unhappy user here with excessive battery drain.  Went to bed at 100% woke up 6.5 hours later to 9%. Started 2 to 3 days ago.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Exactly the same issue for me in gear S3, hello from México