cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It looks like we are entertaining each other with our complains and Samsung does not care about our gear S3 battery problem. I reported my issue several times, since my battery shots down just in a few minutes on full charge. I can restart it only while the watch is sitting on the charged. Without the charger I am not able even to turn it on. Several factory resets and nothing. What is pissing me of is that I don’t see even on Samsung reply with an explanation. I already bought a different, not a Samsung watch, and regret my $350 that I spent on Gear S3 that lasted me only 1.5 years.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issues for me.  It just happened Yesterday.  Great battery until then.   Put in on this morning at 6:30 and sown to 36% at 11:30.  When I looked at the battery info on my phone, notification was at over 30% of the usage.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm having same issue. I removed all watch faces. Turned off for 20 + minutes. After turning back on, I found no updates. If it happens tonight I guess I'll go to Best Buy and see my samsung guy. He's great.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If we had more to add, we would. Unfortunately all we know is that the development team has said it will be fixed in a future update and we cannot speculate on when future updates will be released. I'm sorry we cannot offer more. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Any time a new software version fails, you should provide a release back of the last "working fine" version. It happens all over the world. So the development team may find the mistake and fix it without keeping the customers as hostages.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can start by removing the solved status from this post. It's far from being solved. Then notify everyone when a real fix is available. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They could always repackage an older firmware. Digitally sign it and change the version number. They're choosing not to.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand that the marked “Accepted Solution” may not be the solution everyone is looking for, but for now that is indeed the solution. If this changes, then so will the accepted solution. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine just started having this problem yesterday, too. 100% charged at 6:30 AM. Kicked into power save mode around 4 PM. Completely dead by 9 PM.

Last night, after charging for a little while, I uninstalled everything I could and shut it off for about 30 minutes.

This morning, 100% charge at 7:00 AM. Now it is 12:15 PM and the battery is at 52%.

I will not mark any post as "Solved" as nothing I have read so far solves the issue for me.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine just started yesteday too. I didn't use it over the weekend, but yesterday, I took it off the charger around 6:30 to 7:00 am and had to go to power save mode my noon. I thought maybe it was a fluke because I used it all the previous Saturday and Sunday without charging while I was out of town. Today, same thing, off charger around 6:30 or 7:00 am, got a low battery notification around 1:00 showing about 2 1/2 hours, within a few minutes, it was 1 hr 45 minutes left, a few minutes later it was down to 49 minutes. Then I just powered it off. I've made one payment and still owe over 200.00 for a watch that has lasted a little over a month. Outrageous.