cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having the same issue, last week I was getting 2 full days charge. Now I am having to charge twice in one day. This is really poor, my Microsoft Band 2 lasted longer than this, Samsung please advise what you are doing to rectify this, as clearly its not just an isolated incident. Did your gear s3 update do it? Or was the new health app update? I love the watch, but its spending more time on the charger than my wrist, really disappointed. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Classic: Sud Tuden Battery Drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What the

I verified my activity after a runnning session this morning, and I see that the new Samsung health on phone don't sync with Strava since the update.

But also no heart information since 2days (since my battery drain problem).

This is the last app I don't uninstall for my today test.

So I uninstalled it. And after installing my heart beat is now sync with my watch.

But I lose all my weight I regisyregi Inthe app since 2years.

Samsung you lost definitely a customer.

For the drain problem, since all reinstall my battery is pretty good.

Before uninstalled and reinstalled Samsung health on my phone.

But not weather update, no data...

I launch wear application and he found a new update for vampire game.

So now with all this update I lost my tracking activity...

To be continued

Edit : after two sync with my Samsung account samSams health retrieve my data

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
7:45 without charging just 18% lost.

This uninstalled smartphone application is a good solution for the moment.

To be continued.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has not been solved.  Only solution Samsung has to send the watch in for service.  Can not back out the update.  They will only service it if it still under warranty.  Very poor planning and support on their end.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

+1 the same problem customer.

Nothing above helps.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well my watch has now got stuck in a reboot cycle. Which is fantastic. 

First the battery wont last a day, and now I can't even use it. 

I am trying to find the receipt for the store I purchased from first, if I can't find it, then it will be a trip to Samsung repair centre. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have now replaced mine with the new Galaxy watch. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never again I am buying Samsung smartwatch. I bought a TicWatch Pro with two screens and the battery is great. I am not paying again 350 for a new galaxy watch after spending the same amount of money 1.5 years ago for gear s3 classic.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Who are they trying to kid?! Not solved! Went to bed with a full charge last night and my S3 Frontier woke me up at 3:20 a.m. when it vibrated as the battery shut down. Been fighting this problem for 4 weeks now. Live Chat with tech support twice. Wiped the phone and the app multiple times. Battery still dying way too quick.  I’m pretty sure that since the problem started the day I replaced my iPhone se with an iPhone 7 it’s got to be the Galaxy app that’s causing the problem. Battery life was infinitely better with the Gear app. Tech support says send it in for repairs. I don’t think that’s the issue. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Every update has made this problem worse. The latest one (R760XXU2CRH1) has made my Frontier S3 unusable. I'm lucky to get 6 hours of use now (before this update I would get 24 - 26 hours per charge). Uninstalled and reinstalled all software and apps twice - no change. Watch not even 1.5 years old. This will be the last Samsung product I buy, ever.