I had the same battery drain problem on my brand new gear s3 frontier, first started 2 days ago, and seems to me galaxy wearable app on phone was the culprit which also drained my phone battery. (I'm using one plus 5T)
This is how I fixed my battery drain problem:
1. Reset my gear s3
2. Uninstall galaxy wearable and s health from my phone
3. downloaded older version 126.96.36.19941051 of galaxy wearable app
4. Disabled auto update for galaxy wearable app in google play store
5. Paired my gear s3 with my phone
6. Installed s health from play store
Also I disabled auto update fromgalaxy apps
just in case. Battery now back to normal, lost around 5% in 5-6hrs overnight not wearing the watch.
Hope it helps someone
Go to this link from your phone <Hidden>
Then find the version of the app you want, it will then ask you to download aptoide app and to enable "allow install from unknkown sources" on your phone.
After aptoide app installs it will automatically open and redirect you to page where you will download older galaxy wearable app.
After that just follow instructions on your screen.
After you install galaxy wearable app you can uninstall aptoide app if you want
This may help you as it seems to have worked for me. I have no idea how or why it works but it did. After trouble free operation I had similar issues which just started on Tuesday night. I however noticed battery drain during the day normal but would drain to zero while sleeping.
Tried to think what was different during night and realised only thing was having do not disturb mode scheduled.
I therefore disabled this but to stop watch coming on during night I also disabled bezel wake up and wake up gesture.
Unbelievably gone from full battery drain overnight to 4% so seems to have fixed.
I can't explain why do not disturb was causing issue or why this only started on Tuesday night but just happy seems to have fixed it and disappointed happened in first place.
I had the same problem as many of you. Started all of a sudden and watch went from 100% to 14% in less than nine hours. I wiped the watch completely and set it up as a new one. Installed just a few watchfaces that I new would be ok. I use the allways on display mode, no auto brightness and brightness set att six. All the usual notifications is up and running, even the pulse-measurement.
My battery was full this morning 06:30 and now at eleven o clock it is 81%. It´s not perfect but a drain of around 4% an hour with all features on is more than acceptable I think. I do not consider this solved since it most definately is a software issue that Samsung must adress quickly.
Same issue happened to many of us using the Gear Sport. Reposting my findings from the other thread.
After 2 days of fiddling around, here are some facts I have established:
1. Fast battery drain happens both during night and day.
2. In the Gear Wearable app, the top battery consumer was Samsung Health.
3. On the phone, com.Samsung.accessory.service had abnormally high battery usage.
4. Gear S plug-in was recently updated on Google Play a couple of days ago.
5. [Almost certain] This issue is happening only to users with Android phones. Did not hear of this problem with 2 others with Gear S3 paired with iPhones.
After uninstalling the Gear S plug-in, side loading the older version, having to reset the watch and reinstall everything, battery drain is now better. 4% drop after 2 hours.
Do backup the watch settings before doing this.
This fix worked for me:
1. hard reset my watch
2. cleared cache and clear data for both Gear Wearable app and Gear Plugin S app
3. uninstalled both apps
4. install Gear Wearable app from Galaxy Apps
5. Gear Plugin install an old version from September 2.2.03.18083041N (https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/gear-s-plugin/gear-s-plugin-2-2-03-18083041...)
6. When I start the pairing process, Galaxy Wearable app popped a message saying it needs to update and the update was actually carried to the Gear S Plugin
result should be :
1. Galaxy Wearable from Galaxy Apps: 188.8.131.5280361
2. Gear S Plugin : 2.2.03.18083051
After 2.5 hours of both phone and watch usage, no drain at all, to me it looks like is fixed