cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for popping in . But I think it's far more serious than a LIMITED number . I have two watches in the household that are now completely useless . Come on, restore faith admit the problem and roll back untill you can fix this please . A few weeks of waiting is not good enough, people buy your products and are being let down . 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I lost confidence in Samsung as company long time ago. My Gear s3 classic has a similar battery issue. My watch is 1.5 year old and used to be a relaibale product, but now my watch shots down after a few minutes, even though the battery has at least 85-90 %. Samsung ignores their smartwatch customers. I already purchased a new wear os watch instead and the battery is wonderfull. Never again Samsung smartwatch will be purchased by me.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What a disappointment. I wouldn't expect this ¢rap from a startup let alone Samsung. How do we wake up with a watch that's useless because of a software issue and we are all $hit out of luck. Thanks Samsung... This is my 2nd Samsung watch but definitely my last. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You'll be releasing an update in "the coming weeks"?? That is so not acceptable. I'm supposed to have a brick of a watch until your company decides they want to address it? I don't think this problem is "limited" either.

My watch dies in about 6 hours, and that's after a factory reset and using no apps. I use my watch keeps my phone unlocked so I don't have to use a password/pin every time I turn my phone on and I'm within Bluetooth range. I can't do that now.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here in Estonia.

Battery drained already 27% in 2h 15m.

And it seems affecting also phone battery (in my case Samsung Galaxy S8).

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Disable dynamic workout detection in samsung health. I'm on 2 full days now!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just one question: why don't you have a testing team?

Normal workaround should be:

1. Developers make an update.

2. Testing team gets it first.

3. If everything is alright, it can be sent to users.

Don't use us as testers! If you send out a bugged update, you ruin user experience, and thus your reputation. It's just basic business and economy lession.

Btw, my Gear S3 also started an excessive battery drain overnight, and it drains my phone too. It started on monday (15/10). It drains the batteries 3x-4x than normal while I sleep:

As far as I tested, the battery usage is normal on daytime (after a restart). My night settings (dnd) are activated at 23:00, but still normal battery usage until 00:30. Then I fell asleep, and woke up at 6:15 with 60% drained. Can it be a S-Health sleep tracker issue?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having the same problem. It started 2 days ago. My watch used to hold charge for 3 days, now barely makes it to 18 hours! My s3 is only 3 months old... what's going on????

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

2 days every night my frontier get died. This night battery died from 60% to 0. What is this, Samsung?!?!??? Wu cho ahyeli tam?

For this i paid money for you???? Fix it!!!! Before this i have batery for 2 days and 3 nights

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've also been experiencing extreme battery drain on my Gear S3 Classic for the past 2-3 days.  I discovered that by turning off 'Location Services' on the watch that it no longer drained the battery.  Not a solution, but maybe a clue as to what is happening....