JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

(Topic created: 10-19-2018 02:52 AM)
userKFvG0X4pqj
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've had my Gear S3 Classic since sometime around last summer (so not even a year now, bought it new), and prior to a few days ago it had pretty good batter life. I could get close to two days between charges. As of yesterday however, this is no longer the case. By 1 PM it was at about 60%. I generally only put about 7K steps/15-20 flights of stairs a day on it a day, and 60% is something that I am used to seeing close to bedtime, not right after lunch. Today I've been confined to my desk most of the day and currently only have about 2K steps/10 flights of stairs, and the battery is sitting at 48%. I've restarted the watch several times and it is still draining battery at 3-4 times the rate that it was.

Anyone else seeing an issue like this?

530 Replies
userHTs3SbYPKl
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm experiencing the same on my galaxy gear sport. Charged to 100% before going to bed, had it on the nightstand all night, wake up and battery is dead. Started 2 days ago. 

0 Likes
userGTQWCEtvk2
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Glad to see this article. Because since a few days, I too am experiencing a massive battery drain on my S3. Strangely enough, the drain is hardest overnight! As a test, I charged my S3 last night before going to bed. This morning it was dead, not even 1% battery left !

I first thought this was related to my charger, I had to buy a new one. But this is clearly related to a recent update 😞

So I hope this can be fixed soon!

0 Likes
userSLRKmJ5fuR
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

You're not alone guys! Got the exact same problems since the beggining of the week. My S3 Frontier battery was 90% full before the night, then when I woke up (7hours later), 10% left... I'm gonna test the activity tracking deactivation for today and this night... Samsung, it's been a week now, time to rollback! Customers aren't testers! And testers are paid for their job!

0 Likes
kokesaat1
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've had my Gear S3 for just shy of two years......I wear it pretty much 24/7.  But in the past few days, my battery drains within less than a day.  I've tried all the tricks....reboot, bluetooth off, etc etc, without any luck.  Christmas season is soon upon us.....I'll be asking my daughter for a different brand.

0 Likes
user3yKjT48I0X
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Try disabling “Report diagnostic and usage info” (in Settings -> About Gear) might help.. I know it's not a solution but it seems to help with battery life until Samsung gets their fingers out of their a**... It's a really annoying problem...

0 Likes
userziUh66sZ6x
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Exact same problem started this week with battery draining 100% to zero overnight but weirdly fine during the day.

Following solution has worked for me before going to bed:

-Turn off Do not disturb mode.

- Turn off Bezel wake up

- Turn off Wake up gesture

- Restart watch.

You can turn Bezel wake up and Wake up gesture back on during day and it is fine. 

I think it is something to do with Do not Disturb mode as this has definitely stopped Battery drain for the last two nights. 

0 Likes
usertKOfltZ8KB
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Gear-sport-Battery-draining-at-nig...

apparently turning off "Report diagnostic and usage info" on your watch might save the day. I did that together with turning off Dynamic Workout detection on the watch and turning off Sleep detection on S-Health app on my phone; apparently onf of them is the culprit ; let`s see how it works 🙂

0 Likes
userxSzQKntCfk
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I uninstalled Samsung Health from my phone yesterday.  That seemed to fix it. Used only 8% while sleeping last night. The previous 3 nights had used about 60%. Will reinstall once a fix is out. Big part of the problem seems to be Samsung Health trying to track your sleep.

0 Likes
user2EPXbe3XPg
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Samsung Gear S3 SM-R770 Tizen 3.0.0.2

SETTINGS > ABOUT GEAR > REPORT DIAGNOSTIC AND USAGE INFO > (OFF)

Battery duration restored in my case. Still needs a firmware fix mind. Get on with it Samsung!

Good luck all.

0 Likes
aroz81
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Had the same issue. I ended up buying a new battery from eBay and replacing it myself. Could be the software update ruined the battery. Replacement battery cost less than $30 and took about 15-30 minutes for me to replace. 

0 Likes