cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Efe
Cosmic Ray

Re: Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This watch used to drain %0.8 - %1 per hour with normal usage and never went up above %1.5 when it was fist relesed which means at least 4 days. Somehow the comsumption increased to even %5-7 per hour. There is no such electronic device with a battery consumes %5 of the battery per hour. This is unaccaptable. With all efforts, now my watch consumes %2.5 per hour which is still NOT accaptable. It is not even 2 days. So if Samsung working on this, they should revert the battery back to the first days. My Xiaomi Stratos watch was charged at 18th of this month and today it still has %46. 

userWEbTXqa3cB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Exactly the same here. Took my Classic to Samsung in Milton Keynes and today, all is working fine.
userGTQWCEtvk2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My issue seems resolved. I thought there was an update, but reading through all messages, people are still facing issues.

Only thing I did was turning off automatic training detection. My battery is now even holding longer than before! 

Battery now at 3d2h and still 42% (I keep it almost always at Battery-Safemode

Efe
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In my opinion, there is more than one reason of battery drain. For some people it is a combination of reasons, and for some people it's only one reason. That's why some of us could resolve the issue while others cannot. 

These didn't work for me:

- taking the watch to the samsung service (they replaced the battery)

- installing the Gear S Plug-in mentioned in previous pages

- factory resetting the watch

- deleting the storage of Galaxy wearable and Gear S Plug-in

- deactivating debugging and reporting

- stopping samsung health app in my phone (it re-runs itself)

- stopping continuous heart rate

- stopping workout detection

- deleting all watch faces except stock ones

- power cycle

I'm sure there are several things I had tried which I can't remember now and the result is, I lose %2-2.5 per hour without almost no bluetooth connection. Which takes barely 2 days before the battery dies completely. 

So don't get disappointed If the things listed above doesn't resolve your battery drain issue. And it is not our job. 

userzWWO29ppLl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm located in Singapore.

Last Friday I brought my S3 LTE to Samsung Service Centre and they replaced the battery, motherboard and back casing wihtin 2 hours with no questions asked. Unlike my experience with Apple Singapore, I did not have to convince them it was not my fault (refering to Apple's admitted battery scandal)!

But after reinstalling everything on the S3, my watch again drained battery at night though admittedly not as much.

Finally yesterday, I took the advice of awesome people in here and did two things...

1. Disabled the "Report diagnostics and usage info" (Settings (on watch)->Abour Gear->Report diagnostics and usage info"

2. Disabled the "Dynamic Workout" (S Health (on watch)->Settings->Workout Detection->Activities to detect-> Dynamic workout)

I'm not sure which one did the trick, but am looking to a software update to solve the problem once and for all. Meanwhile, I stumbled upon this post...

https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-gear-s3-sport-battery-drain-fix_id110297

Nicodragun
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bonjour j ai une solution. 

1/reset factory

2/blocage de toutes les mises a jour applicative sur wear

3/blocage de fonctionnement de wear sur tel inactif au niveau batterie

100% à 6:00 ce matin =>70% à 22:00 ce soir

Opérationnel depuis plusieurs jours

Nicodragun from france.

In english

Hello, I have a solution.

1 / reset the factory
 2/ stop update S3 program in wear
 3 / stop wear when phone is in standby mode => in battery settings wear program

100% at 6:00 this morning => 70% at 22:00 tonight
 Operational for several days
 Nicodragun from France.

Nicodragun
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pas aussi simple, il manque une etape 4/ apres recharge rebooter la montre.

5/ ne pas telecharger de nouveaux cadrans.

Nicodragun
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Pas aussi simple, il manque une etape 4 / apres recharge rebooter la montre.

5 / ne pas telecharger de nouveaux cadrans.
Mortenhoe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still getting 3+ days with dynamic workout detection disabled i S health.

Highlighted
Jksamx36
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Stock apps after a reset, didn't update apps, dynamic workout detection disabled. This is after the supposed battery replacement under warranty by the way.

Still roughly a 10% percent drain per hour or so. I am about to give up if samsung can't update this software somehow. Has anybody else experienced massive internal storage usage? After a reset it's sitting at 2.4 gb used and it slowly climbs, before the last update storage sat around 1.4gb used.