JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 10/27/18 5:08 PM)
userKFvG0X4pqj
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've had my Gear S3 Classic since sometime around last summer (so not even a year now, bought it new), and prior to a few days ago it had pretty good batter life. I could get close to two days between charges. As of yesterday however, this is no longer the case. By 1 PM it was at about 60%. I generally only put about 7K steps/15-20 flights of stairs a day on it a day, and 60% is something that I am used to seeing close to bedtime, not right after lunch. Today I've been confined to my desk most of the day and currently only have about 2K steps/10 flights of stairs, and the battery is sitting at 48%. I've restarted the watch several times and it is still draining battery at 3-4 times the rate that it was.

Anyone else seeing an issue like this?

530 Replies
Nicodragun
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Pas aussi simple, il manque une etape 4 / apres recharge rebooter la montre.

5 / ne pas telecharger de nouveaux cadrans.
0 Likes
Mortenhoe
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Still getting 3+ days with dynamic workout detection disabled i S health.

0 Likes
Jksamx36
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Stock apps after a reset, didn't update apps, dynamic workout detection disabled. This is after the supposed battery replacement under warranty by the way.

Still roughly a 10% percent drain per hour or so. I am about to give up if samsung can't update this software somehow. Has anybody else experienced massive internal storage usage? After a reset it's sitting at 2.4 gb used and it slowly climbs, before the last update storage sat around 1.4gb used. 

0 Likes
Leartunex
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm having the same problem. Disconnecting my watch from my phone actually stops the battery to drain. Maybe it has something to do with the Gear S Plugin or the Galaxy Watch app. Samsung should investigate this softwares because it might be the reason foe the battery drains.

0 Likes
userX4FVbXuaIW
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi all,

Just spoke today with samsung support team about my s3 watch battery issue and they advice me to wait because it is software problem and soon we will get update with fix. Not sure what to do because my warranty finish on December this year... I have paid 300 £ for watch isn't working. Very disappointing with samsung brand...

0 Likes
userVoXbnfKoCO
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same issue. I put the watch on stand by and go to sleep (8 hours roughly). During these 8 hours of stand by time it drops 25 to 30% from fully charged battery.

Any fixes?

0 Likes
userkk1I3948om
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi, 

My gear S3 was losing 30% per hour! Just before this crazy drain, I was just about getting through the day. This was with Wi-Fi  turned off, brightness at 4, no NFC. Plus other savings.

This was the final straw. I had tried everything. Reset, hard reset, reloading gear app onto phone...nothing worked.

I sent the watch off. 

Today it's the first time I am wearing it.  In 4 hours battery has gone from 100% to 99%.

Samsung changed the motherboard and a new battery.

The battery I had to pay for. £45.

Board under warranty.

Seems to be fixed whatever the bloody issue was. My watch is 18mnth old.

0 Likes
RadianWear
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

So here are a few things I discovered today. My watch works as normal after a full factory reset and disabling of all s-health stuff. It lasts for a about two days before I need a charge. Then immediately after the first charge, the battery drain starts. I noticed after 38 mins of being on, the phone dropped to 88% and the notifications used 29% of the battery. Interesting thing is I had ZERO notifications in those 38 minutes. Support said it was a software issue and would be fixed in a few weeks, yet they wanted to replace the phone, which makes zero sense if it were a software issue why would replacing the hardware help at all? This is extremely aggravating.

0 Likes
user1adhfo18MO
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've experienced battery drain of about 15% per hour since the last update. The watch has been reset multiple times with no additional apps installed. The Gear S plugin apk from Sammobile has been installed on my galaxy S8, as well as Samsung health being removed and reinstalled. None of these things made any difference.

However, when using the Samsung S-View Flip Cover on my phone, battery life seems to have returned to pre-update range. After almost 2 hours of usage, the watch is still reporting 100%.

0 Likes
userC1oBH0JWYF
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am having the exact same issue with the battery draining at the speed of light. Normally, by the end of the day, I'm still at 70% plus, but now it's draining so fast that it went from 100% to 72% in less than an hour. It started happening just yesterday and it's super frustrating. I've tried hard resets, application deletions and everything, but still -- it's draining like crazy -- it's unbelievable.

I'm showing that I have the lastest version installed, but that doesn't seem to mean a thing at this point. 

0 Likes