cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbDqwt11C1H
Asteroid

Re: Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi go into your phone settings go to the apps then down to gear s plugin then storage and clear data that will sort the battery drain out. Adrian Harvey....
Highlighted
userUwY2gd3eot
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did a forced stop on contacts which were using 40% of my battery. Seems like its working better now! 

Thanks Christian Smiley Happy

userR6vsb9RipE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to the gear app and click on connections and turn off the Wi-Fi, and you're gear will last for 2 days on one charge again. 

userwXdsPfSbxY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have this problem & reset my watch .nothing happend .battery life is 10 hours.
useru8TyyG3lQl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I have that drain also after update drops to 77% and shuts off dead put it on the charger and it shows 77% and won't restart tilll it is charged can't wear it for 3 hours and I haven't  loaded any watch faces it's a samsung problem.

@userRxVfAtD9Js wrote:

I have this issue also. After the update and no its nothing on the watch. I performed reset and still there is a problem. Its the update  own and fix it please. The watch was great before, now its worthless to me, cant even make the day.

Jksamx36
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's possible the software issue causing repid drain may have ruined the battery in the watch. Suddenly having to recharge and drain it only hours later repeatedly; I would think this would kill a batterys overall lifespan. I'd mention this to the Samsung support and see if they'll work with you guys on replacing the battery as it wouldn't be impossible that the constant recharge and discharge of the battery might have caused a premature death. I'd bring it up with them and see if they'll replace the battery.

I lucked out  with all of this as I was just at the end of my warranty period and had it sent in twice and they replaced the battery and rear plate of my watch. Still had a drain issue before this last software update even after the repairs.

This update worked for me. 

SSBTech
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The last couple of updates that were released to correct this issue seemed to help, but I've noticed that the problem is back again.  10% per hour seems to be the new norm.  

I'm sure all the deep discharges are killing the battery too.  What a shame, such a nice product, messed up by Samsung's incompetence.  

Efe
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The fact is, they are unable to fix this issue. And gear s3 is not the only Samsung watch having this issue. If you google it, you'll find out that the other 2 models released after this watch, having the same issue. 

userLkyZt92GYm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SSBTech wrote:

The last couple of updates that were released to correct this issue seemed to help, but I've noticed that the problem is back again.  10% per hour seems to be the new norm.  

Same for me. The wath is approx 49 weeks old Smiley Tongue, was working very well (or I didn't notice anything) until this week.

Noticed now, as I'm not able to spend my full day entirely , which is new for me. 

I can't explain to my self why "contacts" is used this much.  Dear Samsung , any reason ? 

I'm a bit tired just imagining my self uninstalling / restoring , and all the random voodoo trick I've read in this post.

Anyone tried something like using the warranty ? I still have 2 weeks to try it. 

David. 

userwKF5yjOXFZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After the last update a few weeks ago, my battery would last me about 3 days.  Now I'm lucky if i can get 1.5 days out of it.   Samsung Health is consuming 18% of my battery in 5hrs 47min since my last full charge.  I have everything pretty much turned off in Samsung Health.

I wonder if the new S4 is having the same issues we are having with the S3?  I think i'm going to ditch this watch and get the FitBit Versa.  $ucks my S3 is always on the charger.