cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userW9VZvJgRJM
Asteroid

Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

Worked great for about a week after update battery would last 3 days now barely last 6 7 hours and does not respond to movement for reading! Severe lag turning bezel! What's going on going to take back best products for a refund if you can't solve a problem

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
usersjuLlLqt8x
Asteroid

Is that after downloading one ui?

Is that after downloading one ui?

userLgv4wZ6jeZ
Astronaut

Re: Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

I too am experiencing battery drain. It’s doing ok whilst I’m out and about and I go to bed with plenty of battery life left for another 30 hours or so but when I get up 6-7 hours later the battery is drained.

This has happened 2 consecutive nights now.

ive checked the watch app on the phone and battery usage since last full charge (20 hours ago)  only show:

notifications 12%

Watch faces 4%

Samsung health 1%

music 1% (strange as I don’t have music on it)

settings 1%

Calendar 1%

gallery 1%

contacts 1%

weather 1% 

alarm 1%

reminder 1%

so total only adds up to 25%, yet it was on 0%

userak0pWpbz8q
Constellation

SmartSelect_20190617-211434_Gear S PlugIn.jpgThis was a good day Smiley Sad

The last 2 days I have barely made it 8 to 10 hours before having to recharge. My alarms will not load and I have basically turned off all notifications. 

userak0pWpbz8q
Constellation

I was in the process of charging my Gear S3 classic. I was keeping an eye on the the % through my phone App and it within a minute or two of hitting 100% It suddenly started dropping.  I pulled the watch from the charging stand and it was extremely hot. I powered  the watch down it was at 96% . The watch was off overnight and when I powered it on about 7 hours later it was at 94% . 

Within minutes of power on it had dropped to 90% 

Here is an image of the warning I received.  

This is ridiculous the watch is just over a year old. 

SmartSelect_20190618-063825_Photos.jpg

userW9VZvJgRJM
Asteroid

Mine did the same thing, after 4 months! It is now 6 months old, no wake up gesture, no heartbeat measurement or location readings! No Sensors working! Best Products basically told "you're on your own!" I have stopped bragging about Samsung Products to my friends! Sad!

useriARjn7z5h7
Constellation

I have just had the exact same thing. My watch (frontier) is 6 months old. I only chanrge it every other night as easily get 2 days out of it. Suddenly last week it died during the day which was odd. I have not recently updated any of the software or installed any new apps or watchfaces. Now it will not even last 7 hours. I have tried factory reset and uninstalling everything but it has made no difference.

I have been told that I will have to send it for repair (which is admitting I was sold a item in a state of disrepair), going without it for 30 days, and even told that I may have to pay!

I have actually convinced many people to buy one of these. Not any more.