JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

(Topic created: 06-11-2019 11:23 PM)
userKFvG0X4pqj
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've had my Gear S3 Classic since sometime around last summer (so not even a year now, bought it new), and prior to a few days ago it had pretty good batter life. I could get close to two days between charges. As of yesterday however, this is no longer the case. By 1 PM it was at about 60%. I generally only put about 7K steps/15-20 flights of stairs a day on it a day, and 60% is something that I am used to seeing close to bedtime, not right after lunch. Today I've been confined to my desk most of the day and currently only have about 2K steps/10 flights of stairs, and the battery is sitting at 48%. I've restarted the watch several times and it is still draining battery at 3-4 times the rate that it was.

Anyone else seeing an issue like this?

530 Replies
userulEMchZUxI
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

How come it says solved???

Where is the solution????

It is not a limited number of reports, but rather a lot of them.

Please stand by your customers and be transparent and honest!

0 Likes
userApWrcK2tuA
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Add me to the list of people with this issue. Very funny Samsung a limited number of customers with problems. This is over 19 pages long. I have had this my Frontier for about a year and a half. Numerous times this has been an issue. I also can't receive text messages on it either. I sent it in about 3 months ago to get it serviced and they said they had it fixed. Came back still no text messages. When I first got the watch it would send me text messages. I have been a big Samsung fan from Phones to watches and tablets but you better get your act in gear or Apple here I come. 

user9PQV1rxhkS
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

It's end of July, 2019, and I still have this problem.   @SamsungLarryK 

0 Likes
DSh
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

If the battery "charges" in a matter of seconds or minutes it's rather battery issue. They all die similarly. My case is different, the terrible drain started right after installation of the latest firmware. Before that - couple days -not a problem, after that - 5 hours max and that's all. I guess the screen pretends that it goes off while it remains on, just black, and the watch faces keep refreshing consuming enormously.

0 Likes
userajtSYE5OFM
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi there, 

I have had my gear classic S3 for a year or so. I am on my 4th one, they all had issues. The recent issue is that battery drains quickly. At 6:30 am is @100%, @10:30 am is @ 50%, 6 pm the battery is @7%.

I do not have any apps installed on it.

What can I do to help my watch battery life?

Please help!

-GC

0 Likes
userbDqwt11C1H
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi like to help with the battery drain . Go in to phone settings and go to the apps go down to gear s plugin then storage and clear data  That sorted mine out. 

0 Likes
userbDqwt11C1H
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Hi help to sort the battery drain out. Go into your phone settings go to apps then down to gear s plugin then storage and clear data that sorted mine out.
Adrian harvey....
0 Likes
SamsungCamp
Comet
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userKFvG0X4pqj

Just thought I would check back, did you still need assistance? Did any of the above tips help you?

0 Likes
userN07qoxDppr
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same here charged this morning and now battery is drained.. I have noticed every day I get less and less battery

0 Likes
usersZcdfRTcJZ
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same here yesterday. Battery drain was quite dramatic after the update to tizen 4.0.0.2.

Battery dead in one day instead of 2 and a half days. 

I did what i always do after a huge update on my phone. I performed a factory reset and then restored from backup.

Yesterday at 11 am, my battery was down to 54 percent. Today at 11.20 am it's still at 90 percent.

Hope this helps.