cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfOFnFt47Xt
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue as others here.  I put my watch on about 7am and its now dead by about 3pm.  Within seconds of taking it off the charger its down to 96% and within about 10 minutes it's down to 85%.  The other day I put it back on the charger when it was down to about 3% and within seconds it was reading at 67% which leads me to believe it's a software issue.  None of the updates that have been sent out to "fix" the battery life have done anything.  I wish I could use this watch as I really like the look and functionality of it when it works, but for now it seems to be more of an overpriced paperweight.  

userPF9IfvCDlM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having this problem out of the blue. No help from a reset. Dissapointing... 

userypoorzM80a
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with my S3 Classic. I've tried every solution in this thread with no success.  It was at 100% when I left for work today and I turned on Power Saving so it wouldn't die before I got home. I got home (9 hours later)and in the Power Saving mode it was at 50%. I turned off Power Saving and it immediately dropped to 20% and then shut down. I put it on the charger and the display said 75% power.... What's going on???????????????????????????????????? Come on Samsung, help us out here!!!!!!!

userfv42dVM5eo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not really a concidence. I live in Brazil and the same thing started to happen yesterday. 100% to 0% in around 10 hours. NO UNUSUAL USAGE. Once it reached 20% and I activated the powersave mode, the battery was fully dead in less than one hour.

userIQkEwNu8hb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thats it I have stopped using my S3, the battery life is terrible and I can no longer rely on it. Can Samsung please help?

useru7RoSfvwHZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Absolutely the SAME thing...I've rebooted several times...watch shuts off due to low battery in middle of day, charger says 67%. Watch is useless like this. You have smart engineers...FIX THIS!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are aware of a limited number of reports about our Gear S3 watches experiencing shortened battery life and will be releasing an update in the coming weeks to address this issue

userP8dVXf7sSN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. My s3 dropped during night, when I had it on night table, in airplane mode, on factory settings, from 90% to 50. 

I had my watch in service, for warranty repair, and it was declined. Battery has 82% of it original capacity. And they call it "standard battery wear". 

What is really strange that this state happens during one day. I had battery life almost 3 days. And after next recharge I have this. 40% down during night... It look to me as hw releated problem, because no SW changes between those two states was made on phone or watch.. 

Efe
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userP8dVXf7sSN wrote:

Same problem here. My s3 dropped during night, when I had it on night table, in airplane mode, on factory settings, from 90% to 50. 

I had my watch in service, for warranty repair, and it was declined. Battery has 82% of it original capacity. And they call it "standard battery wear". 

What is really strange that this state happens during one day. I had battery life almost 3 days. And after next recharge I have this. 40% down during night... It look to me as hw releated problem, because no SW changes between those two states was made on phone or watch.. 

This is what happened exactly the same to me. It got worse and worse, %3 battery loss per hour.. Then I gave it to the service for repair and they changed the battery. After that, the battery loses %2 - 2.5 per hour which is still huge. With everything off, it goes only 1. 5 days. I'm glad that I bought a different brand smart watch so I don't have to check the battery all the time. 

userZkKS0lTpfr
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very similar experience for me too. Having to recharge twice a day. Went to bed with 95% charge only to wake up 7 hours later with 3% charge left!

@SamsungLarrythis defect appears to be affecting a significant population of samsung watch owners, this needs an update in days not weeks, otherwise you will find people moving to other options.

@SamsungLarryalso surprised to see this thread marked as solved, when we've currently seen no details of the defect and no solution provided.

We're not asking for major development/improvements just for it to work as it did!