cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userF5TzT41Xig
Asteroid

Re: Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My watch didn't even last my drive to work (1hr15min).  That is what led me to this page.  I will report back once i get this thing to charge. :/

userOzYgeTuOc9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had this happen to me... pulled the wstchnoff the charger less than 7hrs ago at 100% charge...and now I am at 10%...

userlFtFW7zk7h
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a brand new just out of the box S3 frontier.  I completely charged before setup and then charged overnight.  It did not make it to lunch today.

I did a support chat with Samsung and they told me to exchange for new.  I told him this seems like a known problem and he again told me to exchange.  Not real happy with this solution.  Hopefully Costco still has them. Disco'd at $200.

useruXVKbTtZkf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S3 Classic battery would last 1.75 days until about a week ago. Now it only lasts about 6 hours.

I find it hard to believe the battery would degrade so quickly and believe something else is the root cause. 

Read all the post, did all the resets, even not doing a restore or changing anything except a full clean install and updates. Same issue, no help. 

Hopefully Samsung will provide a fix soon.

userC9OhQCZarG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got this watch couple of weeks ago and the first usages it lasted decently, like 20% drop in 8, 10 hours. Today, a full charge lasted only 7 hours. When I go to the battery usage breakdown, it says  Notifications 18%, Samsung Health 13%, Settings 9%, Watch faces 6% and Navigation 3%.

Something is very broken, but unfortunately I doubt Samsung will care about.

userP8dVXf7sSN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys. 

I have "great" news. I sent my watch it to authorized service here in Czech Rep., because my watch are still in a warranty and it was rejected. Because my battery has 82% of original capacity and it is "common battery waer." 

userw4osaE52SR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to me. I slept last night with about 70% on the s3 and woke up to less than 20%. It's the first time that it occured and It's still draining pretty fast even after charging it earlier.

Really hope a new software update can fix this.

userSfEBhnMJCf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My partner and I have the S3 frontier and gear sport. Both have the same issue and it started a few days ago. Both dead every morning even after a 100% charge before bed.

userlzNw3VUOYp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After doing all this roll-back-business, things were back to normal. Then stupid me allowed downloading of Samsung health again, and we are back to losing all charge during night. 

So if you don't want to use your 300$ watch as a paper weight the coming weeks (!), do the roll back described earlier and avoid like the plague everything that smells of S Health.

usery5Gj6C4ybW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Previously I was amazed by my watch endurance, because yesterday I charged it in the morning and at the end of the day it was 86% which is miraculous. However my joy was premature, today I woke up and found my watch completely turned off because of battery loss.
Nobody offered a real solution yet so the only thing we can do is simply wait until samsung fixes it.