cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQvEuUiP8I2
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same problem for me! Downloaded the update and am only getting 4 hours until my watch needs chargingSmiley Sad This is ridiculous!!
userhNvddIncTf
Asteroid

My Gear S3 won't last longer than 3 hours anymore and tha...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Gear S3 won't last longer than 3 hours anymore and that is in Watch Only mode...

TalatPasha
Cosmic Ray

Re: My Gear S3 won't last longer than 3 hours anymore and tha...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone,

I have the same issue here with gear s3 frontier. I've been using the watch as every connection is turned off. That is, BT and WiFi was off for a couple of months. I love to use it as a watch only. Whenever I get bored from the watchface or i create a new watchface, I connect it to the phone, upload the face, and then disconnect it again. A week ago, I connected it to my Note 9 and saw that there is a new OS update to the watch. I updated to the latest Tizen immediatelly. Starting right from that moment, my 3 days of usage dropped to 14 hours! My case is showing that this is definitely a software issue, not a hardware failure.

@samsung, please, DO something, will you? Or will you again play dead as you did exactly about updating our 2018 Q series TVs?

I won't get surprised if our problem does not get resolved by Samsung, because I think this is the new world order now, right? Buy a device, use it for a year or two if you're lucky enough, and then buy a new device again.

useriARjn7z5h7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have just had the exact same thing. My watch (frontier) is 6 months old. I only chanrge it every other night as easily get 2 days out of it. Suddenly last week it died during the day which was odd. I have not recently updated any of the software or installed any new apps or watchfaces. Now it will not even last 7 hours. I have tried factory reset and uninstalling everything but it has made no difference.

I have been told that I will have to send it for repair (which is admitting I was sold a item in a state of disrepair), going without it for 30 days, and even told that I may have to pay!

I have actually convinced many people to buy one of these. Not any more.

TalatPasha
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Dear S3 users, please keep this topic alive. No one posts as frequent as before. Did you all got your watches fixed? Or did you stopped using them?
userEMdQoygU4a
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had my Gear S3 Classic working on Tizen 3 and Tizen 4.0.0.1, and the battery usually lasted for about 2 days, with at least 12h on AOD (always-on display) mode. Immediately after updating to 4.0.0.4, the battery life drastically dropped to ~5h on AOD mode, plus no other time on standby, that was it: 5h. And I only use it as an accessory, not connected to my phone, BT and Wi-Fi off, notifications off, everything off, only AOD and steps on. I recently reset it, not restarted it, not reset it while connecting it to the phone, simply factory reset it from the settings, and it seems to be back to normal. Just to be sure, I've also navigated through settings and apps, especially Health, and turned workout detection, alerts and everything else off. As an example, instead of losing 80% in 4h (on AOD), I only lost 20% in 6h. I've went through a lot of comments, not only here, but on other websites too, and it looks like resetting it fixed the issue for some people. Although, from what I've read, S3 Frontier might be more problematic than the Classic.

I wish you all good luck, I believe that Gear S3, both Classic and Frontier, are the best smartwatches on the market, especially as design, so I really hope Samsung won't "kill" them.

userEMdQoygU4a
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It lasted for only 1 day, now it's draining fast again. It seems there is a problem with the leakage in the always-on state. I tried different watch faces and with brightness set at 2, still no luck.

uservlta2nfxrl
Constellation

I haven't experienced this. I have had mine since Novembe...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't experienced this. I have had mine since November 2017. I have done all updates and have it paired with my phone so that I can see who is calling and answer from it if needed. I generally always charge it each night unless I cant. Hope I dont start having this problem

userMabSysF6ON
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay boys and girls, enough of all this nonsense. I too, like you all reading this, have read all the ideas for solving battery drain on the S3. This is all you need to do.....

1. Go to settings on watch, tap it.

2. Scroll down to ABOUT WATCH

3. Scroll down to REPORT DIAGNOSTIC AND USAGE INFO

4. Switch to ON

Your problem is now solved. I know it sounds counterintuitive as it would indicate the watch would be using more juice, but it doesn't, it just fixes a bug in the watch software. Go and enjoy your new invigorated S3!

Efe
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMabSysF6ON 

Didn't work at all..