JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 Contacts and Messages disappeared.

(Topic created: 02-27-2019 02:59 PM)
userEeTlb3UuXh
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have lost my contacts and my messages on my Gear S3.  On my Galaxy S7 all my contacts are there.  When I go to contacts on my Gear S3,  I only get my profile and two contacts added since the upgrade.  In the phone log on my Gear S3,  it displays only phone numbers and not contact names that were there before.  The message log on the Gesr S3 displays phone numbers and the messages that I have sent or received since the Tizen 4.0.0.2 upgrade but no contact names.  After upgrading to Tizen 4.0.0.2 everything seemed to work correctly.   I was setting up Samsung Pay, which did not work correctly.   I tried doing a factory reset and reconnecting  to my phone and the contacts disappeared.   I have reset my watch several times and uninstalled and reinstalled the Galaxy Wearable software.  At this time, I still do not have the contacts on my watch.  

Help please.

Steve

13 Replies
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello there, you said you have uninstalled and reinstalled the Galaxy Wearable app have you also made sure to clear both the cache and data for the Wearables app and or the contacts app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
userEeTlb3UuXh
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you. Clearing the cache, data, reinstalling Galaxy Wearable, pairing the watch again seemed to fix the issue.  Thank you for your help.

Steve

user0uwFYfBEeD
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've tried this several times and i'm still only getting some of my contacts coming up on the gear 3. It only started doing it when I paired it up with my new galaxy s10 plus

0 Likes
userrRJWGv5cwn
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello,  I have tried this (2X) but my Gear still won't display peoples' names when getting phone calls and all of my contacts are not on my Gear. I have an S8, and all of my contacts are on my phone, but not the watch. 

SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Have you attempted to reset your watch?

0 Likes
userrRJWGv5cwn
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yes, I have reset the watch as well. 

SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Do you have any contacts on your gear?

0 Likes
userrRJWGv5cwn
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The only contact that I have on my gear is one that I added yesterday. I checked how the new contact is "backed up" and it is the same as the rest of my contacts.  I reached out to Samsung, and their response was to have it serviced by a technician. Since there are no service locations near where I live, I will have to send it in. I hate to do that, but I only have 3 weeks left on Samsung's 12-month warranty...

0 Likes
HaRDKNoC614
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Settings, Accounts and Backup, Samsung

Cloud

Backup contacts

Open contacts

Delete all contacts

Go back to samsung cloud and restore contacts

Thank me later!