JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 Contacts and Messages disappeared.

(Topic created: 05-02-2019 10:09 PM)
userEeTlb3UuXh
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have lost my contacts and my messages on my Gear S3.  On my Galaxy S7 all my contacts are there.  When I go to contacts on my Gear S3,  I only get my profile and two contacts added since the upgrade.  In the phone log on my Gear S3,  it displays only phone numbers and not contact names that were there before.  The message log on the Gesr S3 displays phone numbers and the messages that I have sent or received since the Tizen 4.0.0.2 upgrade but no contact names.  After upgrading to Tizen 4.0.0.2 everything seemed to work correctly.   I was setting up Samsung Pay, which did not work correctly.   I tried doing a factory reset and reconnecting  to my phone and the contacts disappeared.   I have reset my watch several times and uninstalled and reinstalled the Galaxy Wearable software.  At this time, I still do not have the contacts on my watch.  

Help please.

Steve

13 Replies
userkeon1uT6mF
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This has been the first thing that has actually worked. Thank you!

0 Likes
userCHQBGC8VhN
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I cleared cache and data on the wearable app and the gear s plug in and that fixed the issue for me.

0 Likes
user8z8Jmi1iuz
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Had the problem with my watch not finding contacts all of a sudden and solved it by downloading the Goggle Contacts App from the PlayStore.  Spent a LOT of time researching this on all boards and finally found this to work so PLEASE, if you do not have the Goggle Contact App on your phone, download it.  Great to have also if you lose any of your contacts.  Can use this App to restore to a later date if need be.

Good Luck.......:)

NtNsFtr
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Simple opening Google Contacts fixed it.

0 Likes